Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you surprised Brook is ducking Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    He isn't ducking Thurman, nobody is ducking Thurman, Al Haymon is the one in charge of deciding who fights Thurman.
    ^^^This, Thurman could call out who he wants, but Haymon still decides.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      How is he ducking Thurman?

This reminds me of when D. Garcia first burst on the scene with the Khan win. Not a week passed by, he was already ducking Matthysse, according to NSB.

Same legend will start with Brook-Thurman I see. Guy doesn't even have a week soaking in the biggest win of his career.
      Danny never mentioned Lucas' name. He said the promoter can deal with it.

In this instance, you have 2 mutual parties that WERE "interested".

It gasses up the fans, then when it doesn't happen, obviously the guy that instigated the situation is the one that looks bad. Common sense.

Comment

TS is one of those that thought he would pull out of the Porter fight

Comment

I actually predicted they would jump straight on the Thurman hypetrain. Who next? Errol Spence?

Who in the right mind fights an untested Thurman who brings nothing to the table anyway when Khan is there who will not only help generate 100 times the revenue but increase his fanbase ten fold?

What is up with Thurman fighting Porter or Bundu or someone?

Guy has been world champion for 4 days and already being accused of ducking lol

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            ^^^This, Thurman could call out who he wants, but Haymon still decides.
            Your point is null and void. Brook was the one that called out Thurman. When you make a fight in demand with the public, then it would be promotional malpractice not to make the fight happen.

If Brook was an unknown than it makes sense to avoid him, but he just beat Porter, and has a large UK fan base.

Comment

he just fought last week and hasn't officially named their next opponent...i'd hold off on the 'ducking' part for now

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                I actually predicted they would jump straight on the Thurman hypetrain. Who next? Errol Spence?

Who in the right mind fights an untested Thurman who brings nothing to the table anyway when Khan is there who will not only help generate 100 times the revenue but increase his fanbase ten fold?

What is up with Thurman fighting Porter or Bundu or someone?

Guy has been world champion for 4 days and already being accused of ducking lol
                Solution. Keep Thurman's name out of your mouth, and that settles that.

And I was one of the biggest Brook supporters of calling out Keith, and still think it's a 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  Then don't challenge guys on live TV that you have no intention of fighting. It hypes up a fight in the fans head, then when you don't follow through on it, who's the one that looks suspect? Common sense.

Him being a champ for a week has nothing to do with anything. He's already mentioning weak ass names to fight in his home country. That has Danny Garcia written all over it.
                  Who Kell Brook calls out is who he wants to fight. Who Hearn says Brook will fight is who he will actually fight. Why are you accusing Brook of "having no intentions" of fighting who he calls out? He probably has every intention of fighting Khan, Mayweather and Thurman, but it's not up to him. After the homecoming defense he'll probably fight Khan.

Thurman is calling everyone out, but he hasn't fought any of them, it's not his fault it's GBP/Haymon making the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    Your point is null and void. Brook was the one that called out Thurman. When you make a fight in demand with the public, then it would be promotional malpractice not to make the fight happen.

If Brook was an unknown than it makes sense to avoid him, but he just beat Porter, and has a large UK fan base.
                    I get you, but why does someone have to duck someone if the fight doesn't happen right away, maybe they will fight later, and Thurman might be more proven.

Comment

I wouldn't say he's ducking, but he shouldn't have mentioned Thurman if he doesn't want to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X