No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire’s mouth requests something his fists don’t need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    There's nothing fascinating about a one trick pony bruh.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    There must be. If he can do one thing and its complete opposite at the same time, he must have some kind of special talent.

Comment

Originally posted by hyeduk View Post
      I knew this bs was coming (article). So before the Darchinyan fight, everyone said, Vic is 37, slow, past his prime, this and that, easy win for Donaire because Nonito prepared well, better weight division for him, reunited with his father, no shoulder injury (all these crappu excuses t o justify Donaire loss to Rigo) And when I said it was going to be a competitve fight, noone believed me. So now, when Vic was clowinng (look at Donaires face) him all 8 rounds with an excellwnt strategy, proving again that the first ko victory was in fact a fluke, boxing press and Hbo commentators excluding Roy Jones, were not talking about Vic succees in dealing with Nonito for the 8 rounds (that Vic whose odds were 9 to 1 against him) but rather how Nonito looked bad and asking why Darchinyan is not throwing many punches ( stupid fuks, Vic told many times before the fight, that hes gonna be patient and counter him).So You know what, STFU.
      Respect to Roy Jones for telling the truth during the fightfor praising Vic for his strategy and disagreeing aith stupid Hbo top ranked sponsored commentators.

Simple strategy when fighting Nonito. Just wait and counter.
      1) No KO victory is a fluke.

2) Darch was winning the fight on points, but he was hardly clowning Donaire. He was winning rounds by outworking Donaire, but he landed surprisingly few clean punches. Actually, from the sixth round on, aside from an eye catching long left, I don't recall him landing anything of substance. Donaire was way too passive, but he landed some good, clean counter rights, and the left he dropped Darch with didn't come out of the blue. He shook Darch with a right seconds before it.

I'm a big fan of both fighters and all for giving Darch credit for a much better than expected effort, but let's stay objective.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Show the source

... Lasy you...

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...rigondeaux-hbo

by Mark E. Ortega
        Jul 16th, 2013

... "Honestly, after the [Toshiaki] Nishioka fight (i.e. 2012-10-13), I was really thinking about retiring," Donaire told ******.com on Friday as he took in ESPN2's Friday Night Fights in Las Vegas.

"I felt like I had accomplished everything I set out to. I had won titles in multiple divisions, had made it onto pound-for-pound lists. I was ready to quit, and then I got the [Jorge] Arce fight [in December -- i.e. 2012-12-15] and just decided to get back in the gym."

This is the source...Well?

(The dots are from ringtv.)

Comment

I was just asking for a source.

He knew sooner or later he was gonna have to collide with Rigo so he got his excuses in early. He knew what was coming. Rigo knew what was coming, that's why he wanted the fight so bad.

Arum needs to be real careful with him at 126 cause he's in deep trouble. He isn't gonna be knocking those guys out.

Comment

I'm glad Donaire called for a rematch with Rigo. You see, getting beat does something to a fighter. They want revenge.

You don't want to be like Kostya Tszyu...regretting the fact that he didn't rematch Phillips.

Do your best in the rematch, and if you lose, lose like Shane did to Forrest or Barrera to Jones. No regrets, no business decisions.

Comment

Hmm I'm not so sure I agree with this article, I actually think it would be a good move for Arum to put the rematch on and I think it's win win for him IF the fight ends in a KO. There is a chance that in 24 rounds Donaire can land that bomb, Rigo is far better at alot of things but this is boxing and nobody can question Donaires power if he gets the lucky shot. On the other hand if Rigo pressed more (I'm not sure he could without danger) and got the stoppage Arum would have the exciting win he needs to feel like he can actually be a decent promoter to him, and Donaire would go from being seen as past it to very past it which isn't a massive difference in peoples opinion. Then again exactly the same thing could happen as the first fight and nobody finds out anything new, I do believe each scenario has a pretty near equal chance though.

Comment

Rigo stops Nonito in a rematch. Bob knows this and don't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  I'm glad Donaire called for a rematch with Rigo. You see, getting beat does something to a fighter. They want revenge.

You don't want to be like Kostya Tszyu...regretting the fact that he didn't rematch Phillips.

Do your best in the rematch, and if you lose, lose like Shane did to Forrest or Barrera to Jones. No regrets, no business decisions.
                  Nonito didn't even mention his name. He just told Max he wants "his boy" next. This way he has some wiggle room when arum announces his next fight against someone other than rigo.

Comment

Danny Garcia fighter of the year? Nah, I got GGG, Bradley and even Mayweather above Danny for fighter of the year.

Comment

You can SAY the world is flat that dont make it so. He can call out anybody to save face until something even a ****ty save face offer should be done at least is all b/s. Uncle Bob wont let him anywhere near Rigo, and he wont complaint much about that in reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X