Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Prescott raped Khan why was there no immediate rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    thanks, I thought I was crazy for a second there.
    I'm sure if he hit gabe up on twitter Gabe would have no problems giving him the details. Gabe LOVES himself some James K.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      i just dont understand why this was never avenged
      When you lose in such a devastating fashion it takes years to regain confidence, losses like that can totally derail a fighter. If he had rematched prescott straight away and got ko'd again, his career would have been pretty much over..... The rematch now doesn't make sense as prescott keeps losing and khan keeps beating top 10 ranked opposition and taking shots which KO'd him at 135. So that tells us two things, 1. Khan was severly weight drained which affected his punch resistance. 2. His major improvement under the tutelage of roach. A rematch between the two would have made more sense if prescott kept winning against top 10 ranked opposition. But people would rather see khan in with fighters like ortiz, berto, bradley etc

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        It's very simple. Khan had to be rebuilt after suffering a bad KO loss. He moved up in weight, got a new trainer, had a couple fights and on the way Prescott kept losing fights. Any time the rematch made sense, prescott would lose to a mediocre opponent.
        This.........

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Khan wanted to move up in weight.
          oh come on, so if prescott had said ok i'll move up too and we'll have a re-match khan would presumably have jumped at the chance then would he?

Comment

Was this thread worthy?

Use common sense in future

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
              At that time, he just got a new trainer who was a columbian also, like Prescott. I think that trainer actually selecedted Prescott abd seen happy when Khan got dropped.

I believe he had to go naked to make weight. So it was a good move and it should be made again.
              why would a CUBAN trainer (which is what Jorge Rubio is) be bothered whether a Colombian beats an Englishman (/Pakistani depending on which ethnicity Khan chooses to promote at any given moment, and he does switch a heck of a lot)?

yes i agree with the second point, it is always preferable to not have nice young men getting naked in a room full of other men, regardless of the purpose. just seems perverse.

Comment

According to Khan, he knew he was more talented than Prescott. He said he decided to fight on a religious holiday and he wasn't suppose to, so that's why he lost. He is at peace with himself, idk if I buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                  Was this thread worthy?

Use common sense in future
                  I swear i've seen larry post this same topic a few times before

Comment

Its too bad Prescott recently lost in a fight he could have been up on by stoppage because decision and all he clear beat McClosky but was jobbed and he has been improving. Had he won last time out no way Khan can continue to duck him and it is a duck IDC what Khan has done since, he was flatted in 1 minute by this guy who supposedly according to Khan isn't very good.

So why not just embarrass him Amir and make me and all of the critics STFU because its never going to just go away on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Its too bad Prescott recently lost in a fight he could have been up on by stoppage because decision and all he clear beat McClosky but was jobbed and he has been improving. Had he won last time out no way Khan can continue to duck him and it is a duck IDC what Khan has done since, he was flatted in 1 minute by this guy who supposedly according to Khan isn't very good.

So why not just embarrass him Amir and make me and all of the critics STFU because its never going to just go away on its own.

I was thinking about Corrie Sanders versus Wlad.

That one never went away as it's mentioned every time Wlad fights anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X