No announcement yet.

The left-wing exposed, AGAIN - by Thomas Sowell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
    You don't necessarily need a large body of individuals if you have efficient regulatory law in place with clear permitters on unacceptable practices.
    Regulations right now are out of control...and regulatory agencies are writing new regulations just for the purpose of expanding regulatory agency and creating even more useless jobs withing their body.

Out of interest do you oppose the criminal justice system for the same reasons?
    The answer to your question is in a previous post you already responded to

Comment

• Originally posted by One_Capitalist View Post
      Regulations right now are out of control...and regulatory agencies are writing new regulations just for the purpose of expanding regulatory agency and creating even more useless jobs withing their body.

The answer to your question is in a previous post you already responded to
      So to clarify you ask the question of who should regulate the regulators but when it comes to the criminal justice system you support it although it could come in for the same criticism?

I agree bureaucratic regulation is getting out of control but it's not the center issue for the electorate. I'm sure if more emphasis was given to it and if a party put reducing it as one of their main mandates then things would change.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
        So to clarify you ask the question of who should regulate the regulators but when it comes to the criminal justice system you support it although it could come in for the same criticism?
        That's not even a credible comparison. Clearly the economy and Capitalism is the priority and regulations are it's natural Kryptonite. And without an economy to feed off of, regulators or the criminal justice system can't exist. Besides criticizing the criminal justice system is something the leftist-Liberal and Post-Left Anarchist types do, so we will let them worry about it and tell us how it should be "fixed" if not abolished. Clearly they have different priorities.

See... that's me being pragmatic, the moderate.... by accepting military, police and courts as legitimate govt institutions, which they are constitutionally.

I agree bureaucratic regulation is getting out of control but it's not the center issue for the electorate.
        That's because the vast majority of the electorate are stupid and/or indoctrinated via the public education system. That or intellectually lazy. When they lose their simpleton jobs I'm pretty sure they're not gonna point the finger in the right direction about there being too many regulations and taxes. No...it's gonna be the evil corporations and greed every time. Even if they don't work for a Corporation.

Read the book: The Deliberate dumbing down of America by Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt to give you a good idea. You guys in the UK are already way ahead of us on that one.

I'm sure if more emphasis was given to it and if a party put reducing it as one of their main mandates then things would change.
        Plenty of Free Market candidates campaigns are being funded to do just that. It's an uphill battle but not for the lack of trying.
        Last edited by One_Tycoon; 03-02-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SharpBoxer View Post
          In order for free market capitalism to work the participants need to have a certain level of IQ and moral sense. Or else they will just rape, murder and loot each other
          rule of law & private property rights are what's needed.

for the OP, Sowell is a national treasure

Comment

Working...
          X