Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did the Matthysse fight take out of Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did the Matthysse fight take out of Danny Garcia?

He's looked not so great since that fight, notwithstanding Salka KO2. I understand Peterson & Herrera are top fighters at 140, but swift was the favorite and arguably lost both. Plus he's more talented than both and should have had an easier time against them imo.

Or is it his trainer? Fitness? Has he maxed out his potential?

What chall thank.
    Last edited by Tay Roc; 04-12-2015, 09:57 AM.

I was just about to make this thread, I think he lost something.

He has looked like crap since.

Comment

Matthysse hasn't looked great since, either. The Provodnikov fight will be very interesting to see how he looks.

They might have taken a chunk out of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Matthysse hasn't looked great since, either. The Provodnikov fight will be very interesting to see how he looks.

Agreed.

Comment

I don't think it took anything out of him, Peterson and Herrera are simply better fighters than Fanny and have the right style to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

I agree. Do you think their best days are behind them?

Comment

it was a brutal fight, danny took some huge shots and was pissing blood. both havnt looked the same since

Comment

I don't think it had much of an effect.

Matthysse didn't do anywhere near enough to have taken something from Garcia. Some big shots here and there, but not career damaging.

He's simply fought a guy in Herrera that was better than him and boxed circles around him and a guy in Peterson who physically bullied him.

Comment

None. If you recall he struggled in fights before Khan. He just wins ugly.

Comment

If anything fighting Lucas would have boosted his confidence. He has been fighting guys who just stylistically give him probs. if anything, the Herrera fight took the most out of him

Comment

Working...
                    X