No announcement yet.

Carl Froch says his Las Vegas fight with Julio Chavez Jr is nearly agreed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Again, he wants to go out with a Vegas PPV. He was already told this year by HBO that Golovkin is not PPV yet...and Golovkin wants to clear 160 first.

Golovkin-Froch is not a realistic fight at this point as it doesn't fit the goals of either fighter.

Chavez is a PPV on both sides of the pond, it's Vegas and its a hell of a fight, style wise.
    Golovkin is gonna be huge and if Froch could derail him it would be amazing and he isn't PPV yet only because he hasn't fought a big name.. this would make Golovkin PPV?YES?

Casuals would be talking "whos this Golovkin guy" then looking him up .. sky sports would be showing highlight reels of Golovkin and the broadcasters would be saying its potentially the hardest fight of Frochs career...they'd mention how much a decorated amateur he was beating Andre Dirrel and the likes.. it would make Golovkin if he won a superstar the world over if he could stop Froch.... and I actually like Froch I just think Froch has the tools and I just can't see how the fight play out at all... but the Chavez fight? Froch UD 9-3

IT would be huge man cmon
    Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-08-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
      Golovkin is gonna be huge and if Froch could derail him it would be amazing and he isn't PPV yet only because he hasn't fought a big name.. this would make Golovkin PPV?YES?

Casuals would be talking "whos this Golovkin guy" then looking him up .. sky sports would be showing highlight reels of Golovkin and the broadcasters would be saying its potentially the hardest fight of Frochs career...

IT would be huge man cmon
      HBO already told him it's not PPV, so it doesn't fit Froch's goal which is to headline a Vegas PPV.

I understand the reasons as to why you (and many others) want Golovkin-Froch, but both guys have stated their current goals within the last week and none of them mentioned each other because the fight is not yet realistic.

This will be Froch's final fight, the Vegas PPV is all that matters to him as it allows him to achieve his final goal.
      Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 01-08-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        HBO already told him it's not PPV, so it doesn't fit Froch's goal which is to headline a Vegas PPV.

I understand the reasons as to why you ( and many others) want Golovkin-Froch, but both guys have stated their current goals within the last week and none of them mentioned each other because the fight is not yet realistic.
        I never knew this but it could just be lack of willing imo and just a way to avoid Golovkin and Golovkin to avoid Froch

Comment

Here comes Bob Arum

Comment

Working...
          X