Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "Mayweather is faster than Pac, Pac not Hard puncher, its wierd"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Mosley: "Mayweather is faster than Pac, Pac not Hard puncher, its wierd"

"Pacquiao has some pretty good punching power. He has some different hitting power. He's not physically strong, but he hits pretty good, like he has a good snap or something. He's got something in his hands where he just, pop, and you can wobble. He can hurt you...I don't know how he throws his punches, but he does something where when he lands, it has a different impact. I mean, I get hit by, even now, I get hit by bigger guys all the time and there's no dazing, I don't wobble, I don't do any of that stuff. I don't feel like I'm getting ready to wobble or anything. With Pacquiao, he just touches you and you're already wobbling. It's not like he's heavy-handed. He's not heavy-handed. It's wierd. It's the wierdest thing," stated former welterweight champion Shane Mosley, who spoke more about the experience of facing Manny Pacquiao. Check out what else Mosley had to say as he discusses Pacquiao's strengths, sheds light on his game plan going into the fight, and much more.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...e038c9ff8bb728

In this interview Mosley is really insinuates that Manny Pacquiao is on something...look at his use of rhetoric within this interview...its real suspect

De La Hoya also said that Pacquiao doesnt hit hard :

Oscar De La Hoya said that he felt so weak and helpless during last December's stoppage loss to Manny Pacquiao that during the seventh round he was hoping for the Filipino fighter to land a knockout blow. What's even more telling is De La Hoya's claim that Pacquiao is not a heavy hitter, at least not at their agreed upon weight of 147-pounds. Much of Pacquiao's steam as he rides into the May 2 showdown with Ricky Hatton, is the pounding he gave to De La Hoya. Two fights prior to the De La Hoya win, Pacquiao was barely able to get past Juan Manuel Marquez in a rematch that was held at 130-pounds.

“I felt like my hands were tied behind my back. That’s where I thought, ‘Go ahead (Manny) and land something strong and hard right on the button so you can knock me out and take me out of my misery.’ That’s how I felt at the moment,” De La Hoya said to The Ring Online.

"I just didn’t care. I didn’t care if he was hitting me because I couldn’t do anything about it. Luckily he doesn’t hit hard. Obviously, if he would’ve hit hard, he would have knocked me out with no problem.”

De La Hoya told The Ring that he hurt Pacquiao in the very first round, but had no energy to follow up with any additional punches. He says Pacquiao was wide open for some of hsi punches but he couldn't pull the trigger.

"Once the (opening) bell rang, I believe I threw a left hook to his body," De La Hoya said. "He made a noise like it really hurt. After that, he was wide open, he was there for me and I didn’t do anything. Right there it started feeling like, 'Wow, this doesn’t feel the same. I don’t feel like myself.' And obviously, when he started landing punches at will, something in my mind happened as if I said to myself, 'You know what? It’s just not going to happen.' I felt as if he could just land anything and I couldn’t do anything about it."
    Last edited by SyrianUser; 11-02-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

wassup with Mosley and his insinuations...

Comment

.... so why did he tell Floyd to make sure he gets tested if he doesn't hit as hard as Floyd? Because he hits... different?
        Not nut hugging... but wouldn't doubt it. I mean, doesn't this confirm that Pacquiao's power didn't transfer to the higher weight classes? Dude does throw hundred's of punches and **** does build up on you.

Comment

its the punch that u dont see or expect hurts or wobble u the most

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
            De La Hoya also said that Pacquiao doesnt hit hard .
            I know....Clottey said the same thing....

Comment

It's a special technique punch like Bruce Lee said "it's not how hard U throw your punch it's how U land and throw your punch"

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                I know....Clottey said the same thing....
                even diaz said he though roach was there with pac in the ring hitting him

Comment

Duh everyone says that about Pac. It's not his power it's the angles and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
                    De La Hoya also said that Pacquiao doesnt hit hard :

Oscar De La Hoya said that he felt so weak and helpless during last December's stoppage loss to Manny Pacquiao that during the seventh round he was hoping for the Filipino fighter to land a knockout blow. What's even more telling is De La Hoya's claim that Pacquiao is not a heavy hitter, at least not at their agreed upon weight of 147-pounds. Much of Pacquiao's steam as he rides into the May 2 showdown with Ricky Hatton, is the pounding he gave to De La Hoya. Two fights prior to the De La Hoya win, Pacquiao was barely able to get past Juan Manuel Marquez in a rematch that was held at 130-pounds.

“I felt like my hands were tied behind my back. That’s where I thought, ‘Go ahead (Manny) and land something strong and hard right on the button so you can knock me out and take me out of my misery.’ That’s how I felt at the moment,” De La Hoya said to The Ring Online.

"I just didn’t care. I didn’t care if he was hitting me because I couldn’t do anything about it. Luckily he doesn’t hit hard. Obviously, if he would’ve hit hard, he would have knocked me out with no problem.”

De La Hoya told The Ring that he hurt Pacquiao in the very first round, but had no energy to follow up with any additional punches. He says Pacquiao was wide open for some of hsi punches but he couldn't pull the trigger.

"Once the (opening) bell rang, I believe I threw a left hook to his body," De La Hoya said. "He made a noise like it really hurt. After that, he was wide open, he was there for me and I didn’t do anything. Right there it started feeling like, 'Wow, this doesn’t feel the same. I don’t feel like myself.' And obviously, when he started landing punches at will, something in my mind happened as if I said to myself, 'You know what? It’s just not going to happen.' I felt as if he could just land anything and I couldn’t do anything about it."
                    i thought u guys dont take excuses

but then here u are quoting a fighters excuse for getting whooped by a smaller guy

have u ever wonder how your f@cking urself in the arse with post such as this?

Comment

Working...
                    X