Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should Martinez fight on comeback fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the wrong opponent will give martinez hope of getting back into contention.

i think martinez is going to stay retired. singing / agreeing to terms on a contract, and making it through 10 weeks of training, are different.

make it through a training camp, first.

martinez hasn't taken the brutal punishment to the head that you see in boxers that have deteriorated so much. sure, he's taking his licks, but his legs are bad because of cartilage as much as head trauma.

i don't think he should fight any longer. that said, it's different to ask for the retirement of a fighter with head trauma than it is to ask for the retirement of one with bad knees. this is an opinion, but i think that the two situations have different ethical implications.

somebody might go to hell for letting james toney fight when he talks like he's got a mouth full of food. i don't think that person goes to hell for for letting martinez fight on bad knees.

again; make it through training. then we will talk. if you can't spar, cycle / swim [in place of roadwork,] and get through your work in the gym, you shouldn't get a license to fight.

Comment

I think he should fight the Korobov vs Lee winner or Jermaine Taylor. He would likely still be able to beat all three.

Comment

Taylor. Two guys towards the end of their careers going at it for a belt.

Comment

GGG. I want Martinez out of the sport for good.

Comment

Sam Soliman

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
              What are your thoughts?
              He should just retire at this stage. His legs will never be right, it's time to go into commentating and live a good life.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                GGG. I want Martinez out of the sport for good.
                Your boy already booked fighting Sergio's leftovers.

Comment

He looked bad, and arguably lost against Murray. Got TKO'ed by a Cotto who weighed 155lbs on the scale. Maybe other guys coming off losses like Geale, Rubio, Solimon in a crossroads type of fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X