Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara vs. Mayweather: How Do You See it Playing Out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see Lara having some success early on, using his range and boxing ability to keep it to the outside. Not saying he'd definitely win the rounds but he'd at least make it debateable. However, I see Floyd eventually catching up to him and walking him down. I think it was pretty evident in the Angulo fight that Lara can't fight on the inside that well. He damn sure can't block a left hook to the body to save his life. The times that he tried, he got dropped. I don't think Floyd will drop him since Erislandy will obviously have the size advantage but I see him getting beaten down on the inside. Probably 116-112 mayweather.

Comment

Hell nah,I love boxing, I like Lara and I like Floyd but no way in hell could you pay me to watch that. Id watch alexander bradley 3 times before I watch that fight. Ok im exaggerating but y'all get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
        You're over exaggerating the danger Lara was in. Angulo won a few rounds and landed the knockdowns, but there were very few moments in the fight where Lara didn't look like he was in control. How do you think a Canelo/Lara bout would play out?
        I think the fight plays out very similiar to Trout VS Canelo. They will have a lot of close rounds and canelo will pull off a very close win. Lara is there to be hit Angulo proved that and am i really exaggerating? Angulo hit him with some huge shots!!!

Comment

Lara will never get a fight with Mayweather. He has no "name" and too risky of an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            Yeah but thats completely overexaggerated nonsense and is not even close to the same thing and it's completely laughable that you would bring that up. Canelo getting stunned for 10 seconds and lara on the fuking floor twice with his eyes rolling into the back of his head is not even in the same ball park in fact it's not even in the same galaxy and comparing the two lets me know right away that you either live near high voltage powerlines or you are a complete fuking ****** who gets excited when you see shiney things!
            You're right, Mayweather weighs 174 on fight night and has devastating one-punch KO power.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
              Hell nah,I love boxing, I like Lara and I like Floyd but no way in hell could you pay me to watch that. Id watch alexander bradley 3 times before I watch that fight. Ok im exaggerating but y'all get the point.
              Quoted for truth!!!!!! Who the fuk wants to watch this fight to begin with???? Jesus i'd rather watch snails fuk!!!!
              Last edited by pistol whip; 09-16-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPsol View Post
                Do you see Lara getting schooled like Guerrero/Canelo or do you think he could have some limited success like De La Hoya/Cotto? Does anyone think he could win? If so, how?
                With Mayweather walking him down and beating him up pretty badly! Lara doesnt have the power or size of Canelo. And he cant handle pressure from Mayweather! Another beatdown on the ropes!!

Comment

I think it would be an easy win for Mayweather and possibly a KO win if his hands hold up. Mayweather seems to be better than ever when he fights often and his father is the main guy in his corner. Maybe Lara's southpaw style and good straight left would give Mayweather problems but Lara often does not fight as hard as he should. I don't think he will put much pressure on Mayweather and Mayweather is much sharper at long range. I think it will be mainly a boxing match and Mayweather should get the better of it. If he can hurt Lara I think he will try to get a KO in the late rounds.

Comment

Nope Lara loses via triangle theories. He got knocked down by Angulo.

No Way he beats Mayweather... simply no way!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      I think the fight plays out very similiar to Trout VS Canelo. They will have a lot of close rounds and canelo will pull off a very close win. Lara is there to be hit Angulo proved that and am i really exaggerating? Angulo hit him with some huge shots!!!
                      Lara would hurt Canelo. The knockdowns by Angulo were some monster shots that I ahve no idea how Lara survived. He recovered fairly quickly and just went back to boxing Angulo's head off.

I know you are thinking well if Angulo can hit Lara so can Canelo...but that is all wrong. Angulo put on constant Margaritoesque pressure and was always in his face. Can you picture Canelo doing that? No he will be too worried about his stamina.

Lara beats Canelo and that's why this fight will never happen. GBP would rather give Canelo, someone like Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X