Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is May-Pac legit if it's billed as Floyd's coming-out-of-retirement fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is May-Pac legit if it's billed as Floyd's coming-out-of-retirement fight?

Imagine if Floyd announced his retirement again tomorrow, then August 2013 comes by and he says he's coming back. It would have been over a year since he fought. Suddenly Mayweather vs Pacquiao is announced for November 2013 as Mayweather's coming out of retirement fight, both boxers would have been out of action for a while.

Would it again become a legitimately interesting and intriguing match up at that point? Or would it still be dead in the water? With both Floyd and Manny being out of action for so long, the fact that they'd both come back to face each other might bring that thrill factor back again?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    33.33%
    Not sure
    33.33%

That fight is DEAD get over it.

Comment

pac doesn't deserve a floyd fight. at least until he beats berto!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        pac doesn't deserve a floyd fight. at least until he beats berto!
        who is berto with? I like to see Pacquaio end Berto Career.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Imagine if Floyd announced his retirement again tomorrow, then August 2013 comes by and he says he's coming back. It would have been over a year since he fought. Suddenly Mayweather vs Pacquiao is announced for November 2013 as Mayweather's coming out of retirement fight, both boxers would have been out of action for a while.

Would it again become a legitimately interesting and intriguing match up at that point? Or would it still be dead in the water? With both Floyd and Manny being out of action for so long, the fact that they'd both come back to face each other might bring that thrill factor back again?
          Wouldn't make any sense still. Most consider Pac done at this point.

Only possible way it may happen is if Pac makes a huge come back to the top of the welterweight rankings, beating the top contenders without suffering another KO loss, and calls out Floyd to come get it.

Then they'll have to be sure Arum approves it.

Can't see it any other way.

Comment

I think it would be a legit fight and do good business. Pacquiao was looking good before he was KOed. That fight will never happen so no use worrying about it.

Comment

The fight Floyd is having is the proper fight for him. Guerrero earned it by beating two top welterweights. It would not be right for Floyd to ignore Guerrero to fight a guy that was just KOed. A rematch with Marquez would make more sense. Still a fight with Pacquiao would make good money. Pacquiao is still a high rated welterweight with a chance to beat any other welterweight including Floyd or Marquez.

Comment

The fight had interest in 2009 and 2010. After that, I think most people lost interest.

The fight would be completely pointless now, in my opinion.

Comment

I would rather see Mayweather move up to Middleweight. That would be a serious challenge, and an interesting one, too.

Comment

Pacs not the same fighter in and out of the ring. He doesnt even have the same fanbase. You notice they havent released the PPV numbers yet? As good as Marquez Pac 4 was in the ring it had no buzz. And I expect the numbers to be ****ty. Now that Pacs a shot fighter all the Floyd haters will move on to some other fighter. Pacs value just went down 50%.

Comment

Working...
                    X