• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    everytime he steps up to an elite prime fighter he gets beaten...horribly

Pacquiao, Margarito, Mayweather, Clottey, Mosley etc

but he beat Mayorga so he's going to keep getting title fights
    still bitter I see..
    I'm a Cotto fan but also a huge Mosley fan and the only reason Cotto vs Mosley was semi-competitive was because Cotto gave rounds away. I had picked Mosley to win that fight, I couldn't justify giving it to him, however. By the 12th Mosley looked defeated and you could see the disappointment in his eyes; even he knew he lost it.

Clottey was a close fight but then again, Cotto had a big gash on the side of his face from a head butt. The problem with Clottey is that he doesn't stay active enough and there were rounds where he barely even threw any punches. Clottey could have won it clearly if he would've thrown more towards the end of the fight.

anyway, Cotto's record trumps Margarito's.. so you are not one to talk about the man with MargaCheatos face in your avy.

Comment

bigger stars = bigger purse = bigger sanctioning fees.

expect these greedy boxing orgs to whore their belts to fighters like cotto.

Comment

Cotto keeps getting title fights because he deserves them. He's been an excellent champion, exciting fighter, fukin warrior and good for the sport.

He may not have been the legend that everyone thought he was going to be in the beginning of his career but he's one of the best to ever come out of PR.

Much respect to Cotto and I'm glad he's getting those big paychecks, he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          He's a "safe" opponent!! He has enough style and class to make a good fight but he has no power at 47-54 so he's safe unless you make a mistake.
          Personally I think he should quit because he's going to go in "tuff" sooner than later and why get hurt when you've made your money and your a quality man? A safe fighter will get into not so safe situations eventually! Ray
          Bro, he has no power at 47-54? Aside from Floyd, he KO/TKO everyone he faught at 54. He also KO/TKO everyone he faught at 47 accept for Margachito and Mosley, which has been knocked out. You have no basis for that argument Ray.

Aside from Floyd the only guy that can give Cotto a run for his money at 54 is Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Cotto keeps getting title fights because he deserves them. He's been an excellent champion, exciting fighter, fukin warrior and good for the sport.

He may not have been the legend that everyone thought he was going to be in the beginning of his career but he's one of the best to ever come out of PR.

Much respect to Cotto and I'm glad he's getting those big paychecks, he deserves it.
            This guy gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              everytime he steps up to an elite prime fighter he gets beaten...horribly

Pacquiao, Margarito, Mayweather, Clottey, Mosley etc

but he beat Mayorga so he's going to keep getting title fights
              Are you a ****ing idiot? He beat Margarito's ass up until he started to fade around the 8th and 9th rounds, before that it was all him. He edged out Clottey rightfully, and he beat Mosley. He made the best account for himself than any who's fought Floyd since Castillo, and he was holding his own against Pacuiao until the 6th round, granted that was when Pacquiao was looking unstoppable.

he always took on great opposition, especially when he was climbing the ranks, he was running through guys who were ranked higher than him. He was making experienced fighters look foolish and weak when he had limited experience in the professional ranks.

He's beaten:

Lovemore N'dou
              Kelson Pinto KO (undefeated)
              Randal Bailey KO
              Demarcus Corley KO
              Ricardo Torres KO (undefeated)
              Paulie Malignaggi (undefeated)
              Carlos Quintana KO (undefeated)
              Oktay Urkal (ended his career)
              Zab Judah KO
              Shane Mosley
              Gomez was demolished worse than any by anyone else
              Clottey
              Foreman KO (undefeated)
              Margarito, avenged his loss in dominating fashion

And when you take into account the stages he was in in his career when he fought all them, these are great wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

I feel that people under estimate him and under rate him due to his fighting style. it's not flashy, but the man has skill. it takes lots of intelligence, skill and athleticism to give Mayweather the tough fight that Cotto did.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  Are you a ****ing idiot? He beat Margarito's ass up until he started to fade around the 8th and 9th rounds, before that it was all him. He edged out Clottey rightfully, and he beat Mosley. He made the best account for himself than any who's fought Floyd since Castillo, and he was holding his own against Pacuiao until the 6th round, granted that was when Pacquiao was looking unstoppable.

he always took on great opposition, especially when he was climbing the ranks, he was running through guys who were ranked higher than him. He was making experienced fighters look foolish and weak when he had limited experience in the professional ranks.

He's beaten:

Lovemore N'dou
                  Kelson Pinto KO (undefeated)
                  Randal Bailey KO
                  Demarcus Corley KO
                  Ricardo Torres KO (undefeated)
                  Paulie Malignaggi (undefeated)
                  Carlos Quintana KO (undefeated)
                  Oktay Urkal (ended his career)
                  Zab Judah KO
                  Shane Mosley
                  Gomez was demolished worse than any by anyone else
                  Clottey
                  Foreman KO (undefeated)
                  Margarito, avenged his loss in dominating fashion

And when you take into account the stages he was in in his career when he fought all them, these are great wins.
                  What he said ^^^^^^^^!!

Comment

Popularity and the fact that he's a draw, well I guess they're the same.

Comment

Maniac310 got smoked

Comment

Working...
                      X