Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Says Ball in Kessler's Court For Big Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    just as last time, he won't step up.

Kessler wants comfortable fights that he knows he can win with little stress on his body. he doesn't want challenges, and he certainly wants no part of a savage animal like the Cobra. he should retire and stop trying to hoodwink the sport and its fans.
    Savage animal? Now that is funny. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
      Im a Froch fan but your calling Kesslers career embarassing? LOL, nothing embarassing about having good $ in the bank, and handing Froch his first loss. Not a robbery, could have gone either way.
      Kessler has gone on the road plenty and taken his share of tough fights. Nothing embarrassing about his career at all.

Comment

Strange, seemed the fight was made for sure. Can't think Kessler would be backing out, it's not his style. Fingers crossed it will go through.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          yes.

Kessler's ultimate avoidance of a Froch rematch would be a humiliating full-stop to an already embarrassing career.
          Now that's an embarrassing post.

Comment

It doesn't feel like Sauerland wants this fight.

Froch v Stevenson is a poor alternative really.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
              Im a Froch fan but your calling Kesslers career embarassing? LOL, nothing embarassing about having good $ in the bank, and handing Froch his first loss. Not a robbery, could have gone either way.
              last i heard, he wasn't doing as well financially as one may expect.

Kessler was found frustrated and reaching often against Froch, he was outboxed, outpunched, and got a homecooked decision. he doesn't want to return to the places froch took him last time, much less face a better Froch who would likely stop him brutally.

i would say that i'm disappointed by his avoidance of Froch, but i honestly never expected any better. a trait of reluctance has typified Kessler's career.

the Scandinavian gentleman doesn't care about the fans, but mr. Kessler should know that the real fans of boxing are not stupid. we know that his career has been an attempted con and we know that his vaunted excellence is just a promotional shuck. he is a polished but brittle and one-dimensional product, nothing more.
              if you take away Froch (whom Kessler did not really beat), his best win is Librado Andrade, followed by Anthony Mundine, Eric Lucas and Markus Beyer. pretty awful boasts for a fighter who was so trumpeted for big things.

the one time he ever stepped up when things appeared not to be tilted in his favour was when he fought Calzaghe, whose talent was not yet fully accepted by the wider boxing world outside the United Kingdom, and excuses for that defeat were circulated eventually. he went to the Super Six tournament as the favourite, expecting to blow through his opposition, and bowed out soon thereafter when he found it harder going than expected.

he knows what Carl Froch is about and doesn't want to go through that again. and he certainly doesn't want to be humiliatingly crushed in a cold, hellish arena in Nottingham.

run far away from Carl Froch, mr. Kessler, and save your eyesight. boxing doesn't need a person who does nothing for the sport. rub shoulders with Sven Ottke and others of your ilk in retirement, posthaste.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                It doesn't feel like Sauerland wants this fight.
                this is a kind way of saying that Mikkel Kessler didn't enjoy his last romp with mr. Froch and is reluctant to meet him again.

Comment

fuck Kessler if he punks out of this
                  does he have something better to do?
                  money or location shouldn't figure into this
                  Froch took his belt to Denmark to have it stolen
                  and he said he'll drop the belt he has now to get this fight
                  Kessler better man up

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
                    Can't think Kessler would be backing out, it's not his style.
                    on the contrary, he's already avoided the rematch once. and when the world wanted to see him fight someone of worth after Calzaghe, he waited almost two years until the Super Six to step up, only to flee the tournament after the first two fights proved much more difficult than he expected and made his 'favourite' status appear laughable. we're yet to see him in a fight of real worth since then, almost three years on.

fortunately, i'm a man of keen discernment, so i was never sold on Kessler, but if i were one of those who ever believed in him i would be mightily disappointed by how things have turned out. Mikkel's career sucks, my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      fuck Kessler if he punks out of this
                      does he have something better to do?
                      money or location shouldn't figure into this
                      Froch took his belt to Denmark to have it stolen
                      and he said he'll drop the belt he has now to get this fight
                      Kessler better man up
                      excellent posting.

this Napier fellow knows what is up.

Comment

Working...
                      X