Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cosby show was only t.v show that presented African American in a positive light.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Different World
    What's Happening
    Good Times.

Good Times would've been especially interesting if James had stayed on the show, and found out that the Militant Midget was gay.Would've been a helluva episode!

Comment

I also liked Kenan and Kel

Anybody remember My Brother and Me?

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Would black folks want to watch shows that show blacks in a good light.....or is that "corny"?
        Why is that corny? I prefer to watch that.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          That's like saying The Simpsons are bad because they present white people in a negative light, and white people should watch The Waltons.

The Cosby show portrayed the life of an intellectual family with college degrees and a nice house. That's cool, but how many people black or white can relate to that family?

Shows are successful when they have great characters that people can relate to. That's why EVERYONE likes Fresh Prince; everyone can relate to Will, Carlton, Jazz, and Mr. Banks.

I think a whole lot of people could relate to the Cosbys. That is why the show was so iconic, more so than the Fresh Prince of Belair lol.

They could relate to the universal human aspects of the show, and the other aspects served as a source of aspiration. This was before the modern era where affirmation became more important than aspiration.
          Last edited by res; 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            fresh prince is one of the greatest tv shows of all time tbh
            qft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X