Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you religious and do you believe in God?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe in green k and e-points.

All jokes aside.

I went to church a few times as a child with my mother, I was never baptized. I don't have god parents.

Yes as a kid I believed in god and use to 'talk' to him. Most of the times I would just answer my own questions, while portraying that's what 'god' wanted me to do. But as things worsened in my life in every way possible, I thought if there was a god he wouldn't let those who believe in him suffer. By like 13 I felt stupid for ever believing in such a stupid thing like religion or god.

I believe in science now, and have believed it in for a while now.

Comment

There may be something more to the Universe that's beyond our understanding.
      There certainly is something more to the Universe than our meagre understanding encapsulates. The question then becomes: What are you going to do about it? Are you going to say "Ah we don't understand it" and give up? Or are we going to say "Let's try to understand it?"

Essentially that's what science is: An acknowledgment of the parts of the universe that are beyond our understanding together with a commitment to understanding those things.

Could be that this life is just a flash in the pan and what we think to be suffering is just part of our human experience. That there still can be a loving God, but that his love doesnt have to comply to our human standards of what it means to be loving i.e. less suffering.

Maybe the most important aspect of being human is to experience suffering.
      On the contrary there is no human activity nobler than the alleviation of suffering. This fetishizing of suffering undertaken by religion is one of the things I detest about it. Human beings have a very real opportunity to prevent suffering and therefore have an obligation to do so.

Absurd statements like "Maybe the most important aspect of being human is to experience suffering" is simply making a rather weak excuse to avoid your duty to prevent it.

Comment

Don't believe in any kind of organized religion. Also I have a hard time believing in God as well.

Comment

I love God with all my heart, soul, and physical being. But I've moved further and further away from religion over the past few years though. Have alotta questions about life that 'faith' cant always answer.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
            Are you religious and do you believe in God?

Leave your comments too.

EDIT: ahhh.....forgot to add deism to the poll.
            To me religion is kind of a joke. Most of the miracles that early religion experienced can be explained by modern day science. The plague being the biggest example of this....

Religion is one of the 4 noble lies used to maintain order.

Comment

I am now officially an atheist..I am fully aware of my consequences, but i can't be on either sides. For my own selfish belief, i think young innocent children are more than deserving to be in God's kingdom than those "so called" Christians, Muslims, ect. As i said before, i lived by one rule and one rule only "Judging myself first!". I don't want to be saved, but i don't deserved to be in Satan's torture chamber.
              Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                There certainly is something more to the Universe than our meagre understanding encapsulates. The question then becomes: What are you going to do about it? Are you going to say "Ah we don't understand it" and give up? Or are we going to say "Let's try to understand it?"

Essentially that's what science is: An acknowledgment of the parts of the universe that are beyond our understanding together with a commitment to understanding those things.
                Some things cannot be solved by science, at least that conducted by humans and the limited capabilities we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                  Some things cannot be solved by science, at least that conducted by humans and the limited capabilities we have.
                  Based on what? Certainly not on science's track record. This is just one of those lazy "we're at the limits of our development, so everyone should just praise god" type of statements.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Based on what? Certainly not on science's track record. This is just one of those lazy "we're at the limits of our development, so everyone should just praise god" type of statements.
                    Science itself can make sense of everything but as I said it's restricted by it's user i.e human beings. We couldn't find out the flora and fauna of any given planet in a galaxy on the other side of the universe as we haven't the ability to get there. So you could say it's beyond our understanding or ability to understand.
                    Last edited by Mushroom; 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I don't believe in that ****, bruhh

Comment

Working...
                      X