No announcement yet.

GYM asks WBC to set up purse bid for Stevenson - Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    I would assume the network would be decided depending on who wins the purse bid.
    Thats not how it works. There will have to be an agreement, which can happen.

Looks like Adonis saw something he liked, he saw a vulnerability.

Adonis hits waaaaay harder than Pascal. Its a great great fight.

Comment

Kovalev better hurry and fight Mohammedi, if he's conflicted with multiple mando's, GYM might try and use this as a way to get him dropped as the WBC mando.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        lol why do u care so much if haymon wins who cares
        Because I want to actually see the fight happen and I think there is a better chance of it happening if Haymon doesn't win the bid considering kovalev has an exclusive contract with hbo.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
          Because I want to actually see the fight happen and I think there is a better chance of it happening if Haymon doesn't win the bid considering kovalev has an exclusive contract with hbo.
          I don't think it's any question that Haymon will win the purse bid. Kovalev will have to get permission to fight off HBO is most likely issue if this thing actually goes through.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Assuming Stevenson beats Bika, lets hope they fight. WOnt the exclusive network deals be a problem?
            According to Hershman, he'll make the right deal with anyone.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...next-big-fight

Comment

Well if it interferes with the IBF they better just drop it.

it'll lead to another impossible task since campillo is second and Beterbiev will most likely get the belt if he faces Mohamdi for it, but the Wbc is the bigger fish

Comment

Good.

Both want it so get it done

Comment

Originally posted by weebler i View Post
                  i'm pretty sure the fight is ppv on hbo so haymon might let it go where it makes more money. I think pascal-kovalev was ppv. Kovalev puts up 1 million+ viewers, stevenson did 292k on showtime.

The fight is going to be in montreal where stevenson is from and where it sells tickets, are they going to put a montreal card on us network tv? Doesn't make much financial sense.
                  since when does location matter

Comment

Easy work Kovalev.

Adonis Stevenson has absolutely no chance, just like no other 175lber at the moment has a chance to defeat Kovalev.

Kovalev beats Adonis down worse then Pascal. Why? Adonis is a plodder. He's slow. His footwork sucks. He has a huge right hand. Not to mention he has an absolute glass chin (Kovalev doesn't. Please no mentions of some NO VIDEO fight with Darnell Boone 6 years ago in which he supposedly got knocked down.... This fight is nothing more then a myth. No video, no care. inb4 someone mentions KO'd in the amateurs. Who cares? It was the amateurs and he fought a supremely talented World Championships gold medalist. He's taken every opponents best punches in the pros and never been rocked, stunned or shocked.)

That's it. As soon as Kovalev touches Adonis' early in the first he's going to be in straight up survival mode just like any other fighter who faces him.

Adonis STevenson is absolutely tailor made for Kovalev.... He doesn't have any boxing ability. He's a plodder with power. To have ANY sort of a chance to even have SOME success against Kovalev you have to have ELITE, I mean ELITE footwork and boxing ability, and even then to survive 12 rounds and do much more then just use your boxing ability and speed to survive will be damn tough. It'd take an absolute masterclass of a performance for somebody to survive 12 rounds with Kovalev AND score points- and not merely survive.

Adonis Stevenson is easy work. He would of got decimated in 2013, he gets decimated now.

Make it happen. Krusher's legacy and path to GOAT LHW is waiting. Come on.
                    Last edited by King_; 03-16-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      According to Hershman, he'll make the right deal with anyone.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...next-big-fight
                      Read article. we will see. I'll take Herschman at his word but he is basically saying he doesn't want to have to pay ceratin guys purses so he will continue with relatively low paid guys who get big ratings like GGG and Kov. That's the smart pla.

Comment

Working...
                      X