Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stylistically, how has Broner changed/improved since the Ponce De Leon fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Rumack is going all the way in with very intelligent posting. Green K

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Can anyone give a breakdown of his improvements?
      His Big Mouth has improved

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        Broner already has problems cutting the ring off at 130 and 135, at 147 he isn't gonna be anything but a slow plodder. Broner does not belong in the welterweight division.

8 rounds to 4 Mags. UD.
        I disagree from the standpoint that Broner doesnt respect the guys at 130-135. I was at the Rees fight and people made a huge deal about him getting hit some but I felt that it was very obvious that he just didnt care. He thought he was a thousand times better than Rees so its not like he was trying to be evasive or anything.

If he fought someone bigger & stronger then you would see him do different things. He moved alot more earlier in his career. He will go back to moving more at the higher weights.

Now he still might lose because he's younger, inexperinced, and these guys are good while he's moving up but that doesnt mean he hasnt improved

Comment

The biggest thing about the PDL fight was that he was a Southpaw. IDK why people overlook that. Most guys struggle with Southpaws. Its the biggest advantage in all of sports and times that by 10 in boxing. Most guys just dont know how to fight them, espically early on. Even Southpaws struggle with other Southpaws.

Thats why after that fight everyone was ripping him or jumping off the bandwagon but I said that he'll look 10x better against a righty and he did. I said the same thing about Matthysse. I never fully judge him for the Zab & Devon fights because its obvious the Southpaw style gives him trouble.

I said the fight against Peterson is when you will really be able to tell because he will finally face an elite righty

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            Broner already has problems cutting the ring off at 130 and 135, at 147 he isn't gonna be anything but a slow plodder. Broner does not belong in the welterweight division.

8 rounds to 4 Mags. UD.
            PM doesn't have the legs nor the handspeed anymore to make this really competitive. He looked terrible in his last fight.

Comment

I can't break it down but I think he has improved since then. I thought he lost the fight with Ponce because he did too much running and not enough fighting. Now he stands his ground and KOs guys with accurate, fast, powerful punches and combinations. He would KO Ponce if they fought now.

Comment

Broner found his style. Instead of constantly circling around the ring and just trying to counter and look cute, he stands his ground, and flat out destroys guys in the pocket. He has a good chin so he isn't afraid to get popped, and his speed kills inside. Not to mention age, experience, confidence, and finally coming into himself. We see it all the time. Broner is a top 5 body puncher in boxing and the best finisher, that's straight from Greg Leon.

Comment

Working...
                X