No announcement yet.

Frank Warren Blasts American Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I was not aware Seth Mitchell was "the saviour" of US boxing. Pretty sure he was just seen as a heavyweight with a pleasing style and some pop. I've never heard anyone say he was anything other then that.

i'm not saying he's anywhere near the great athletes you see playing american sports, but compared to the rest of the division he was extremely talented. very fast and coordinated for a big guy, 245 lbs and solid, etc.

vitali has more talent than he does, though, at least for fighting. mitchell might be a better all around athlete than vitali, who relies on his skills more than his phsyical attributes other than his size.. wladimir has WAY more talent. he's what you want a boxer to look like. he's probably a better all around athlete than mitchell.

wilder might be the best pure talent out of the bunch, but that doesn't mean neccessariy that he's going to rule the division. he's got the most talent, though. he could apply his talents to virtually any athletic sport from a young age(boxing, soccer, basketball, football, hockey, and excel)

speed/fleetness, strength/power, and durability/chin. those are the basic components of talent in boxing. i don't think you teach them. you bring them out with training, technique, and conditioning.

in the HW division you add another factor. size. height, reach, and weight. if you're bigger and equally talented you have an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
      Frank Warren is probably a little bit sore that an Eastern European boxer just knocked out Britain's Ricky Hatton.

Meanwhile that very same Eastern European boxer suffered his first ever loss to a Yank.
      Frank Warren was probably laughing his bollocks of at Hatton getting KOd

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        Frank Warren was probably laughing his bollocks of at Hatton getting KOd

i don't think there was a soul laughing during ricky's post fight interview. that was one of the saddest scenes you'll ever see.

Comment

I'm from uk on Saturday's I'll watch the uk fighters before a big American fight. One thing I must say is I love the uk boxing scene but countless times I see more skilled fighters on the American undercards than The uk fighters fighting in the main event. It's obvious America will have more talent you have 11 states that are bigger than our entire country.

Comment

Yet, more than any nation, America has the most talent. Americans suck but have a list of Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson, Cunningham(meh but still had a good run), Cloud(who is every good as anyone in that division from Eastern Europe), Andre Dirrell, Timothy Bradley, Peter Quilin, Edwin Rodriguez, K9, Trout, Thurman, Guerrero, Alexander, Berto, Ortiz, Rios, Peterson, Garcia the list goes on and on. Not to forget that America might be holding on to one of the best prospects Gary Russell Jr. America has very good talent, this guy like his promotional company is full of hot bull****.

Comment

Quite funny people taking Warren seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                I'm from uk on Saturday's I'll watch the uk fighters before a big American fight. One thing I must say is I love the uk boxing scene but countless times I see more skilled fighters on the American undercards than The uk fighters fighting in the main event. It's obvious America will have more talent you have 11 states that are bigger than our entire country.
                That's just an excuse. Why doesn't China, India, or other nations with comparable populations churn out talent like America then? It's a moot argument anyways because Warren isn't even saying America is a great boxing nation because of population, he's flat out saying it isn't a good boxing nation, which clearly it is. Talent wise and champion wise, America is the number 1 nation in boxing and will probably always be that.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  That's just an excuse. Why doesn't China, India, or other nations with comparable populations churn out talent like America then? It's a moot argument anyways because Warren isn't even saying America is a great boxing nation because of population, he's flat out saying it isn't a good boxing nation, which clearly it is. Talent wise and champion wise, America is the number 1 nation in boxing and will probably always be that.
                  Boxing isn't as popular in china or India and if you had read my post I was agreeing that America is the best country to produce fighters just look at the history books

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                    Boxing isn't as popular in china or India and if you had read my post I was agreeing that America is the best country to produce fighters just look at the history books
                    You make the excuse of population though. Its discrediting Americas history in the sport. For example, the state of Michigan. Michigan has never had a population above 12 million people, yet it has produced more ATG fighters than maybe all of Eastern Europe combined.

My point is population doesn't make world champions and thinking so kind of discredits the sport in general. It takes real work and talent to be a great fighter in this sport. The reason why Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of this era isn't because he was born in America, he could of been born anywhere and still would of been a great fighter. Talent rises to the top of this sport.

Comment

What's funny is the US still has the best fighters in the world.

You have to put one country up against an entire region on a continent to even make it competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X