Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Spend All Day Hating On Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not anti American but I do get called anti American simply due to the fact that I have genuine grievances with America’s ever increasingly ridiculous foreign policy’s

But then again an ever growing number of people around the world have genuine grievances with Americas foreign policy’s including Americans themselves.

I’m anti ignorance, I’m anti arrogance, I’m anti imperialism and I’m anti war

But I’m pro humanity and I don’t believe for one second outside my country live lesser people.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
      Its not Americans, and normally its not hating, its just your education system seems to produce a low ratio of people that can't comprehend the rational combination of reasoned argument, logic and criticism resulting in progress.

We're not picking on yous.
      I can add to this. One thing that education should instill is doubt. Doubt is how we reach the truth.

America's entire culture is about certainty. Hence you have statements like "It's because we're better than everyone else!" If you are absolutely certain, you will never hear that perhaps you are wrong, even if you are. So you keep on making the same mistake over and over.

In many ways America today is like Kipling's British Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
        I’m not anti American but I do get called anti American simply due to the fact that I have genuine grievances with America’s ever increasingly ridiculous foreign policy’s

But then again an ever growing number of people around the world have genuine grievances with Americas foreign policy’s including Americans themselves.

I’m anti ignorance, I’m anti arrogance, I’m anti imperialism and I’m anti war

But I’m pro humanity and I don’t believe for one second outside my country live lesser people.
        What's special about 1333?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          In many ways America today is like Kipling's British Empire.
          Thats heavy!

I kinda look at that in the books and go that looked good but this is better.

It took a serious social justice movement, coupled with a serious dogfight with the religious right, to overcome that.

I think the USA might just be too rural to have a proper debate with the religious right.

There isn't a country in Western Europe to compare to it in terms of the rural land mass.

Comment

I don't care. I take it all with a grain of salt. We go back and forth, but at the end of the day, we all can co-exist. It's nothing like the Mexico vs PR stuff that goes on in NSB .. There's more Americans on here that I dislike than people from the UK..

I don't know anyone from the UK, I've never been to the UK, and their opinion of me or the US has no effect on my personal life.

Comment

Being both as an insider and outsider, I think it's a combination of a few things.

First off I think America has saturated the world with its culture, movies, music, etc..So people generally don't like the loud obnoxious kid in the class room if you get what I'm saying.

Second, it's the foreign policy of the U.S, it's preferential treatment of Israel primarily when it concerns the Muslims world of course.

Also, I do think some of it is a bit of envy to be honest. I can say this because even though I was born in America, I am also Mexican by blood and have lived in Mexico for a long time. There is resentment towards the U.S but it's also Latin America looking at a country with so much.

Many Europeans have told me the same thing, that they prefer the American system to their own.

As far as all Americans being ignorant, well..........that statement is ignorant as it gets. Yes there are a lot of stupid people here in this country but there is also a lot of very intelligent one's as well.

6 of the top 10 universities in the world are in America. So what does that tell you? That if you have money you will get a top rate education, if you don't your **** out of luck.....it's the American way!!

Comment

Your religious right is massive though. Thats what holds you back on a lot of levels. One of your most famous political commentators is a crazed Mormon with millions of fans.

So many crazy things are happenning that get whipped up by mad preachers or the media alternative of a crazed preacher.

I'll tell you now if theres one thing I hate its a preacher thats all talk, but you lap it up.

Hannity, Colmes, Stewart, Colbert, O'Reilly, Stern etc etc..

Don't need no preachers in Europe.

We got a Pope or a Queen just for the iconic value.

And a lot of comedians.
                Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  Being both as an insider and outsider, I think it's a combination of a few things.

First off I think America has saturated the world with its culture, movies, music, etc..So people generally don't like the loud obnoxious kid in the class room if you get what I'm saying.

Second, it's the foreign policy of the U.S, it's preferential treatment of Israel primarily when it concerns the Muslims world of course.

Also, I do think some of it is a bit of envy to be honest. I can say this because even though I was born in America, I am also Mexican by blood and have lived in Mexico for a long time. There is resentment towards the U.S but it's also Latin America looking at a country with so much.

Many Europeans have told me the same thing, that they prefer the American system to their own.

As far as all Americans being ignorant, well..........that statement is ignorant as it gets. Yes there are a lot of stupid people here in this country but there is also a lot of very intelligent one's as well.

6 of the top 10 universities in the world are in America. So what does that tell you? That if you have money you will get a top rate education, if you don't your **** out of luck.....it's the American way!!
                  The US public school system is all about certainty however. Who discovered America? Which president couldn't tell a lie? Were the British all bad? Were the revolutionaries all good?

Then there's the crazy stuff. Who invented the telephone! America! Oh but it was a Scotsman living in Canada whose main connection to the United States was that he applied for the patent there...

A week ago someone on here tried to claim that Ben Franklin invented electricity... and don't even get me started on the horseshit that gets peddles about the second world war!

Comment

Why does it matter? I refuse to let myself be labeled under any generic term that include over 300 million other people. Generalized hate towards a country as large and diverse as America is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                      Why does it matter? I refuse to let myself be labeled under any generic term that include over 300 million other people. Generalized hate towards a country as large and diverse as America is laughable.
                      But you're all fat, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X