Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incompetent and crooked officiating is hurting the sport of boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetent and crooked officiating is hurting the sport of boxing!

I'm not an Ali Funeka fan, in fact I was kinda rooting for Joan Guzman last night. But I was ashamed of and disgusted by the scorecards of the two Canadian judges who robbed Funeka of his deserved win.

Last weekend, we saw an obviously crooked home referee Jack Reiss smirking as he let Andre Ward get away with numerous fouls, especially the deliberate headbutts intended to cut Mikkel Kessler. Reiss was even going over to Kessler's corner between rounds for no reason other than to intimidate him and add to his frustration.

Last summer, we had a ridiculously incompetent UK judge Paul Thomas score Dimitrenko-Chambers as a draw. Then, we saw Paulie Malignaggi robbed in Houston. Personally, I can't stand Paulie, but I hated to see such an obvious injustice because it's degrading to the sport of boxing. Crooked Texas officiating had previously robbed Chris John of a deserved win.

There's been crooked and/or incompetent officiating nearly every weekend this year. For example a few months ago I saw Wlodarczyk being harrassed by a crooked referee and robbed on the scorecards against Fragomeni, and I saw a home referee in the UK helping Sexton in his first fight with Rogan.

This garbage needs to be cleaned up, it's ruining our sport!

On a side note I'd love to ruin that woman in your avatar.

Comment

She's nice.

Anyway, I agree, something needs to be done, but what? How?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Unless these judges get fired, we will continue to see stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
          She's nice.

How about the boxing websites like this one petition the sanctioning organizations? What if every one of us who's concerned about it e-mailed the IBF, WBC, WBA and WBO?

Comment

There should be an official review board that has the power to suspend and fine referees. I would also like to see the police involved if there is reasonable suspicion of corruption.

Comment

They should be reviewed by a committee like the NFL does.

Perhaps each sanctioning organization should hire an independent third party committee to review fights and scores to determine who gets the plum jobs.

Comment

Is there a way to train judges? To get them to scre a fight frm different angles of one and test them? Test their preference in style, test if sound and audiences affect them?

Yes robberies are terrible for our sport, but if it's my man, I'll admit I'm happy. Wrong but what can I say.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                  She's nice.

Well nothing really. They could go to computerized scoring and then we would see the professional sport morph into the dismal situation that the amateur sport is in.

As long as there are humans with families to feed there will always be payoffs. I'm becoming more suspicious of Golden Boy every day. They are becoming another Don King IMO. It seems their fighters are being treated very generously by officials. Those officials are also self maintained so an investigation is worthless. Nobody oversees them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                    How about the boxing websites like this one petition the sanctioning organizations? What if every one of us who's concerned about it e-mailed the IBF, WBC, WBA and WBO?
                    I would be more than happy to support the idea. Getting it done is another matter, but if enough of us kick up a fuss, who knows.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                    X