Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Emanuel Augustus a really good name to Mayweather's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an interview, Floyd was asked who was his toughest fighter, Floyd said honestly it was Augustus.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      The reason I say this is because I rarely don't see people mention him. The guy is one of the most underated fighters right now, I'm watching Augustus vs Micky Ward and the judges scorecard at the end was just fcuking ridiculous. He won that fight in my opinion, not to take anything away from Ward, it was a really good fight JAT!
      Should be, misleading record aside, Augustus is a damn good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
        In an interview, Floyd was asked who was his toughest fighter, Floyd said honestly it was Augustus.
        If that was his toughest opponnet he should tried JMM along time ago.

Comment

he also said that about Hatton.

Comment

That is the truth. JLC may have came close to winning but I never seen a fighter tag Mayweather as cleanly as Augustus did. Augustus just didn't stop coming foward, regardless of all the punches Floyd was landing

Floyd is a mentally strong fighter but he didn't seem like it against Augutus, people should go watch that fight

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              he also said that about Hatton.
              Yeah in a post fight interview to big up Hatton. In an actual interview asking actual questions that they want you to be honest in, he said Augustus.

Comment

i'd take a win over burton above some undefeated 25-0 guy that hasn't fought anyone (valero ).

burton might have lost a lot but he fought guys like ivan robinson , jesus chavez , diobelys hurtado , micky ward...... solid opponents right there.

Comment

i love augustus.. dude showed crazy heart against floyd.. kept coming and coming even though floyd's counter rights was hitting over and over again..

sucks that he always getting robbed though..

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                    That is the truth. JLC may have came close to winning but I never seen a fighter tag Mayweather as cleanly as Augustus did. Augustus just didn't stop coming foward, regardless of all the punches Floyd was landing

Floyd is a mentally strong fighter but he didn't seem like it against Augutus, people should go watch that fight
                    sounds like a vintage Marquez except Marquez was way better.

Comment

Augustus is world's better than his ridiculous record indicates. He ain't a big name, but he's a damn good fighter and a good win for Mr boat buyer who truly beat him, unlike the billion robberies he's endured.

Comment

Working...
                      X