No announcement yet.

A Few Questions Following The X-Mas Gift in Maidana's Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions Following The X-Mas Gift in Maidana's Victory

What an amazing performance from Maidana. I laughed and cried simultaneously in sheer joy. AB Argentina's *****, got bloodied, battered, and beaten. SO here are a few genuine questions Im pondering.

After the Pac Rios fight I started thinking Garcia was a lousy trainer, he did sht with Margo, Rios winning or losing entirely depends on his grit, than MAidana shows genuine improvement and wins big. Is Garcia a good trainer?

Adrien Broner's lack of defense was finally shown because he fought a puncher. The Paulie fight showed he can be hit by somebody decent and Maidana showed that Broner doesnt have a chin but has some heart. Will Broner seize this loss and for the opportunity that it is and improve or stay the same and fade away like Berto?

Maidanas win over Broner raises his stock thus giving rise to Khan and Alexanders for having legit wins over Maidana. I dont give a fck about Alexander but Khan used to be good. My actual question is should Khan have stayed with Roach?

Broner's losing the belt shakes up the welter weight division enough to make it very interesting and disrupts the most likely path that GB fighters would have taken. I think Danny Garcia will likely have one non title welterweight fight, probably with Paulie before going after a strap before the Mayweather fight if he gets that far. A Broner Garcia fight would have been the most likely fight for the May sweepstakes and likely a PPV. Now that that wont happen will Danny stay at Jr welter or eventually challenge Maidana or Porter for a strap?

Lastly, when will we hear of Matthysse' ring return?

Rios and Margarito are very limited fighters. They have one style.

Maidana was quite the boxer in the AMS. He doesn't have elite speed or reflexes, but plenty to get by. I actually think he looked faster then ever this fight. Garcia had a perfect gameplan, body shots, jab, that left hook to get Broner with his ****ty shoulder roll. Maidanas awkward punching style and angles also helped.

I would rather see Mayweather-Maidana then Khan-Mayweather. I just don't see why Khan think he can get this fight without earning it. What have people done to get Mayweather in his last 3-4 fights? EARNED IT with a big win. Where is Khans big win, Maidana just got his.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      What an amazing performance from Maidana. I laughed and cried simultaneously in sheer joy. AB Argentina's *****, got bloodied, battered, and beaten. SO here are a few genuine questions Im pondering.

After the Pac Rios fight I started thinking Garcia was a lousy trainer, he did sht with Margo, Rios winning or losing entirely depends on his grit, than MAidana shows genuine improvement and wins big. Is Garcia a good trainer?

Adrien Broner's lack of defense was finally shown because he fought a puncher. The Paulie fight showed he can be hit by somebody decent and Maidana showed that Broner doesnt have a chin but has some heart. Will Broner seize this loss and for the opportunity that it is and improve or stay the same and fade away like Berto?

Maidanas win over Broner raises his stock thus giving rise to Khan and Alexanders for having legit wins over Maidana. I dont give a fck about Alexander but Khan used to be good. My actual question is should Khan have stayed with Roach?

Broner's losing the belt shakes up the welter weight division enough to make it very interesting and disrupts the most likely path that GB fighters would have taken. I think Danny Garcia will likely have one non title welterweight fight, probably with Paulie before going after a strap before the Mayweather fight if he gets that far. A Broner Garcia fight would have been the most likely fight for the May sweepstakes and likely a PPV. Now that that wont happen will Danny stay at Jr welter or eventually challenge Maidana or Porter for a strap?

Khan should have stayed with Roach. Thus far, Hunter is muting his strengths in order to slightly improve his weaknesses, and he's looked like ****.

Comment

I truly underestimated Maidana in this fight. I applaud him for taking Broner's cherry and treating him like jackass he is after.

That said, Broner's mentality tells me he isn't gonna improve. Who cares, I can party. He isn't cut out to be an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustler *LS View Post
          Rios and Margarito are very limited fighters. They have one style.

Maidana was quite the boxer in the AMS. He doesn't have elite speed or reflexes, but plenty to get by. I actually think he looked faster then ever this fight. Garcia had a perfect gameplan, body shots, jab, that left hook to get Broner with his ****ty shoulder roll. Maidanas awkward punching style and angles also helped.

I would rather see Mayweather-Maidana then Khan-Mayweather. I just don't see why Khan think he can get this fight without earning it. What have people done to get Mayweather in his last 3-4 fights? EARNED IT with a big win. Where is Khans big win, Maidana just got his.
          Mayweather Maidana this May makes a lot more sense. Im not gonna buy Mayweather Khan barring a great undercard. I probably would buy Mayweather Maidana but still want a good undercard damnit. Yeah Garcia probably is good with a moldable fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post

i want Lucas-Broner...so he can be truly Argentina's B1tch

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              Imagine Lucas landing a flush straight right on AB. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Both coming off of losses. I love it. Battle for redemption.

Comment

Working...
                X