No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Andy Lee Lands A lot of Power on Vera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Andy Lee Lands A lot of Power on Vera

Andy Lee avenged his only defeat, landing 60% of his power shots, while limiting Brian Vera to a connect percentage of just 27%. Lee wins a ten round unanimous decision at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, Andy Lee landed a lot of power shots; problem is, he didn't follow up on any of them. He had Vera rocked several times in the bout but he laid back and let his opponent regroup. I'm a fan of Lee's but last night's performance didn't overly impress me. He fought too cautious to my liking. Vera was there for the KO, Andy just had to put some combinations together instead fighting one and two punches at a time..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Yeah, Andy Lee landed a lot of power shots; problem is, he didn't follow up on any of them. He had Vera rocked several times in the bout but he laid back and let his opponent regroup. I'm a fan of Lee's but last night's performance didn't overly impress me. He fought too cautious to my liking. Vera was there for the KO, Andy just had to put some combinations together instead fighting one and two punches at a time..
      I think he was genuinely worried about getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
        I think he was genuinely worried about getting knocked out.
        He respected Vera too much. He fought overly cautious. I guess I shouldn't be that critical of his victory but it was a boring fight to me. A lot of times rematches are a total letdown, this was one of them..

Comment

ive finally found out what the problem is with lee: STAMINA - he needs a strength and conditioning coach. . . He tries to fight too much like Wladimir Klitschko, which he's quite good at, but he doesn't have the same strength and power wladimir has. . . to compensate, he NEEDS to get a professional S & C coach to improve that stamina to up his punch output. . .

Comment

Working...
          X