Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A. **** film sets shuttered after actress infected with HIV

By: Sharon Bernstein, Reuters
    August 24, 2013 4:02 AM

Adult film sets throughout the Los Angeles area have shut down indefinitely after a **** actress tested positive for HIV, the trade association for the industry said on Thursday.

The actress, who works under the name Cameron Bay, has contracted the virus that causes AIDS, the Free Speech Coalition said in a press release.

The trade group said film producers called a moratorium on production late on Wednesday and that filming would not resume until all of Bay's partners are notified and tested.

The incident comes amid continued opposition on the part of many companies that produce adult films to a recently enacted law in Los Angeles County that requires **** actors to use condoms on the set.

The multibillion-dollar adult film industry is centered in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles.

Michael Weinstein, head of the Los Angeles-based AIDS Healthcare Foundation and a backer of the condom law, said he suspects that Bay contracted the virus on a set.

Last month, he said, the actress tested negative for HIV, and this month, she tested positive. In one film that she worked on between the tests, it appears that condoms were not used, Weinstein said.

"It's a tragedy for her," he said. "Obviously she was infected by someone."

The industry group said there was "no evidence whatsoever" that Bay was infected on a set, or that others were exposed to the virus while performing sex scenes with her.

Bay said she planned to cooperate with public health officials as they try to track down her sex partners to find out who might have infected her, and whether she infected anyone.

"As difficult as this news is for me today, I am hopeful that no other performers have been affected," Bay said in a statement. "I plan on doing everything possible to assist the medical professionals and my fellow performers."

So she ****ed Tommy Morrison?

What? Too soon?

Comment

LOL!

But come on, bringer, haven't you heard the latest news about Tommy Morrison? His mother said he's very sick but not from aids.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        So she ****ed Tommy Morrison?

What? Too soon?
        Naw Tommys done had aids for the better part of a decade.

Comment

At least she wasn't one of the pretty ones.

Comment

Never heard of her and she is rough as guts

still not something you wish on anyone

Comment

Skanky McSkank-Skank.

Comment

I never understood how being tested prevents the spread of HIV in ****. All it takes is for one person to shag someone in their personal life without protection, then all the people they 'perform' with until their next test is at risk. Unless im missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  I never understood how being tested prevents the spread of HIV in ****. All it takes is for one person to shag someone in their personal life without protection, then all the people they 'perform' with until their next test is at risk. Unless im missing something.
                  Cuts down the amount of people that would catch it if it went undetected for a long time. If they didn't test the performers could spread it to the whole industry in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post

i think it's quite obvious that it would help. the shortcomings are quite obvious as well.

you're proposing that they stop testing?

Comment

Working...
                    X