Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groves vs DeGale II... Winner gets a crack at Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be super-surprised (but delighted) if these two get to fight each other to earn a shot at Carl. It is a top-level world title eliminator fight but I don't think Carl will oblige them because he wants to settle matters with Ward or become a two-weight champ by fighting Cleverly for the WBO LH belt.

A fight with Hopkins might also be further up the pecking order.....some big B-Hop cash is what you want when you're a 35 year-old super-middleweight not that far away from retirement.

DeGale has been in-and-out since his loss to George. He'd did a proper number on Sanavia - hitting sharply and moving well to win the European belt - but then looked lazy and sloppy against the caveman basic but game Mohoumadi in his first defence.

I still can't work out whether James is a fighter who is hugely talented and improving - and sometimes ljust happens to look bad in 'marking time' fights - or is a few yards short of world class and lacking in the consistency stakes.

My money is on Groves grabbing a belt first and the rematch with DeGale happening sometime in the summer of 2014.

Comment

Working...
    X