No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Finally, Sadam Ali Arrives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Finally, Sadam Ali Arrives

By Thomas Gerbasi - The last time I interviewed Golden Boy Promotions’ latest signee, unbeaten welterweight Sadam Ali, was 2001. Brooklyn’s Ali was just 12 years old, but already garnering attention at the Coney Island Boxing Gym for his talent and drive.

On that day, the big stars in the gym were Hector Camacho Jr. and Luis Collazo, but it was the 85-pound Ali who stole the show, not surprisingly since he was already a veteran of 40 amateur fights, having spent much of his childhood with gloves on.

“I started karate when I was five years old, and then I went into boxing when I was eight years old,” said Ali, a little more than 12 years later, which is nearly a lifetime when it comes to boxing. “It’s been a very long time and something I’ve learned to love. When you’re winning in something, you learn to love it and it’s just exciting. So boxing is my life, and it’s not just a job to me, it’s a job and a hobby – I like what I do.” [Click Here To Read More]

This kid has loads of talent,ive been watching him since his golden glove days fighting on the msg.channel,to his olympic try,but all in all after this fight I would like to see him take, a minor step up with like of orlando lora,alfonso gomez,freddy hernandez,omar chavez or the red hot jorge paez jr even..fuk it david estrada too

Comment

This kid thinks he did himself a favor by not signing with a promoter back in 2008 [after the Olympics], but the fact is he wasted 5 years of his prime by beating bum after bum! He's already 25 years old and only has 16 fights. This guy, along with 90% of the 2008 Olympic Team, is a bust!

Luis Yanes - Bust
      Raushe Warren - Can't tell just yet
      Gary Russell - Has potential
      Raynell Williams - Bust
      Sadam Ali - Bust
      Javier Molina - Bust
      Demetrius Andrade - I say bust but can't be for sure because of his upcoming title fight -which I strongly feel he's going to lose
      Shawn Estrada - Huge bust
      Deontay Wilder - We'll see when he fights a live body

Comment

Welterweight eh? Could be the next Khan.

Comment

Waiting 5 years to sign with a promoter was the dumbest decision his team made. He has wasted valuable time fighting tomatoes cans in Brooklyn under his own banner. I forgot that this boxer was still in the game. The jury is out.

Comment

guy is a total moron, more so his brain trust which i assume is his father. how you going to not sign with a promoter when he was red hot? languishing in total obscurity while he could have brought in all SORTS of fans to shows ala khan. a 25 year old welterweight who is just now starting to talk about taking someone on with a pulse. kid has talent but to reflect on what he's lost up to this point is just staggering, had he signed with top or gbp he'd have already had at least two ppv's under his belt.

no one from that class though outshines both shawn estrada (wtf happened??) and molina (beat danny garcia to get in) for complete busts, though.

canelo is bossing so hard right now.

Comment

We'll see how fast he gets going, no tune up fights or highlight fights, he needs to jump right into the deep end. Time will tell if he did this right or not.

Comment

Damn, he has sixteen fights now? I don't think I've seen him since his first or second.

Comment

It's gonna be hard to promote a fighter named SADAM in America...

Comment

This kid peaks my interest. He definitely had a buzz coming out but that buzz will kick right back up if he gets a couple solid wins. He has definitely left dollars on the table not signing with a major player earlier but in this game winning is still the biggest accomplishment. If he goes on a huge run and just keeps rolling he will make some huge purses along the way. The welterweight division in its current state is really deep right now though. Keith Thurman, Mayeather, Bradley, Marquez, Pacman, Alexander, Broner, Guerrero, Maidana, Danny Garcia coming up, Ortiz, Khan, & it goes on & on. I don't think anybody runs through half those guys without taking a loss. Leaving those dollars on the table early could come back to haunt him. But he's still undefeated & his name has its luster. He has to prove himself now & he's going to to be in aruably boxings deepest division. Atleast he will not have a shortage of potential opponents. He is in a position to earn well now as long as he brings the entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                    X