Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is he gonna say? Ward would beat my azz?
    if ur retired then dont run ur mouth about woulda-coulda
    unless ur gonna step up and put ur azz to the test IMO

Comment

I like Calzaghe's statement.
      Unfortunately, Ali can't speak anymore -- I'm sure he would say he would beat Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun1123 View Post

WARD is Hopkins 2.0 FOR REAL.
        Not true -- Wrad is a southpaw fighting in a orthodox stance, single-handedly... hence his injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPT AMSTERDAM View Post
          read at the bottom , i said it would go 12 rounds!!
          Just wanted to point out that in the later stages of his career he stopped punching as hard as he could. He was 33-0 with 30 ko's ifi remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by flushuppercut View Post
            What is he gonna say? Ward would beat my azz?
            if ur retired then dont run ur mouth about woulda-coulda
            unless ur gonna step up and put ur azz to the test IMO
            Lennox lewis after the Haye fight said he could beat Wladimir - I did'nt hear anyone have a go at Lennox then - if asked the question why should'nt Joe answer.

Comment

Calzaghe beats Ward imo.
              Last edited by check hook; 05-17-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Tough one in reality to call,but I think Ward could very well win this...he is like an athletic faster version of Hopkins-that can switch stance.Even if Joe was able to get used to Ward's plan "A", Andre would show a plan "B, C, D,etc"...

I don't think Calzaghe would be able to beat Ward on the inside-and Ward can defend himself much better than Joe.I could see Ward fighting on the outside and winning with sneaky attacks and being rough inside....Joe was most effective against European style fighters that stood in front of him-Ward is one puzzle that is very difficult to adapt to...whereas,we always know that Joe will come forward...

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Lol Lacy was never good, even a guy like Bute showed 1000x more skill than him. Lacy was getting hyped up beating up guys like Reid, Pemberton, and Sheika.

That leaves his two best wins, B-Hop which was an extremely close fight that could've gone either way, and Kessler a guy who Ward dismantled at age 26 in his first step up in competition ever.

Joe's so called "work rate" is nothing more than wild punches that look like they land, when in reality he misses 10 and lands 3.

Ward would totally neutralize his offense.
                  Chris Eubank was world class, a two weight world champ who beat a prime Nigel Benn. As good an opponent as anyone Ward has beaten.

Comment

I see it being a really boring messy fight - a S/D, which way I'm not sure.

What I am certain about is that they are the two best SMW's.

Comment

Good competitive match-up. I'd go with Calzaghe though.

Comment

Working...
                      X