Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Joe defeats Roy, will the people picking Jones to win give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    i mean really... who has roy beaten in the last 5 years? of course i think roy can win... but its so iffy because hes so past his prime.. its just a matter of how much... the fact that prime for prime... it owuld be 6:1 odds for roy, really shows you how far past it he is... i still hope for the best though
    Tarver, Hanshaw, Prince Abu (sp), Trinidad

Comment

NO, and he doesn't deserve credit.

He is fighting a SHOT Roy Jones Jr.

The People that think/want him to win are thinking with their heart more than their head.

Roy is the heavy underdog and should be by logical thinking.

However, knowing the history of the sport and seeing amazing things in the history of boxing, people are hoping Roy somehow can resurrect some version of the Superman Roy Jones Jr. If he can do that, he stands a solid chance. Prime Roy Jones, forget it; he would be heavily favored.

Comment

The truth is.

Calslappy stand to gain nothing except $$$ from this fight.

Win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          NO, and he doesn't deserve credit.

He is fighting a SHOT Roy Jones Jr.

The People that think/want him to win are thinking with their heart more than their head.

Roy is the heavy underdog and should be by logical thinking.

However, knowing the history of the sport and seeing amazing things in the history of boxing, people are hoping Roy somehow can resurrect some version of the Superman Roy Jones Jr. If he can do that, he stands a solid chance. Prime Roy Jones, forget it; he would be heavily favored.

Good post man...

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
            Word up.

Exactly.

The threadstarter is just preparing to manipulate the wishful thinking of a few dreamers in order to further his agenda of bull****ting people that his boy is anywhere near the level of these great elite tier fighters in they primes.

Comment

I’m a huge Calzaghe fan and I don’t think he deserves credit for beating this version of Roy Jones. In my opinion Roy lost against Hanshaw, who sucks. But again, this is not the point, the point is giving credit where credit is due, and if you pick him to lose, and he wins, you NEED to give credit. IT’S THAT SIMPLE.

I’m sick of reading that those who are picking Roy are doing it with their hearts more than their heads. That’s bull****. For MONTHS people have been posting how Joe’s SKILLS are nowhere near Roy’s RIGHT NOW. This is illogical and stupid, but we all know that when Joe wins you will act like he never had those superior skills you were referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                I’m a huge Calzaghe fan and I don’t think he deserves credit for beating this version of Roy Jones. In my opinion Roy lost against Hanshaw, who sucks. But again, this is not the point, the point is giving credit where credit is due, and if you pick him to lose, and he wins, you NEED to give credit. IT’S THAT SIMPLE.

I’m sick of reading that those who are picking Roy are doing it with their hearts more than their heads. That’s bull****. For MONTHS people have been posting how Joe’s SKILLS are nowhere near Roy’s RIGHT NOW. This is illogical and stupid, but we all know that when Joe wins you will act like he never had those superior skills you were referring to.
                I'll make it simple.

I thought Hopkins could beat Joe because he had enough left.
                In my opinion he did beat Joe and could do it again and more clearly.
                But that a whole other thread that was already done before.

I don't think Roy can beat Joe because he have nowhere near enough left and half of his key attributes have degenerated badly.

If Roy beat Joe. I will be surprised in a good way.
                But Roy still doesn't somehow become Superman again in my eyes.
                It would just become clear that it was a case of people seeing The Emperor's New Clothes on Calslappy all along, so he would drop to a B level because he shouldn't be losing to a guy so badly faded as Jones Jr. this near to his prime.

So you and I know the truth. Beating this Roy means **** for Calslappy.

Who cares what a few unrealistic people think?
                They are called 'fans' for a reason. They believing in a dream.
                Of course some of them are expecting Roy to turn back the clock agin all logic.
                Of course some of them don't like Joe and will not want to give him any credit when he does what he is supposed to do.
                That's just how this machine works.

Your approach as a individual is all you need to concern over.

If you have a complaint. Be the change you want to see.

Comment

no, because though I am picking jones, it is more of a pick with my heart, not my boxing brain. all logic points to calzaghe winning a ud throwing over 1000 punches in the fight. id be willing to lose vb on it, but would not throw any paper down on jones to pull off the upset. if he wins, it will cap off one of the most triumphant two month stretches ever.

bhop thrashes pavlik, the phillies are the world champions, barrack obama kos mccain, and jones rises to claim glory once again. it would almost be a crime for life to get this good, so i am not holding my breath for the jones win. just quietly hoping and praying that he puts on the performance of a lifetime!

Comment

It Goes like this:

IF Jones is Shot, Calzaghe Wins
                    IF Jones is NOT Shot, Jones Wins

simple

Comment

Of course I would and I can only speak for myself. I know Joe is very good to great now. I don't like him anymore I don't see how he will beat Jones based on styles. I would be very suprised and would give full credit for beating even this version of Jones. I know he would have gotten spanked all over the ring with the Jones of 2000 though. A win now still proves alot. Jones has never been beaten when his body and mind were right in my opinion though.

Comment

Working...
                      X