No announcement yet.

Mannys ww run was in reality B level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by happyman View Post
    Did that ****** just say Clottey was paid to lose?
    Clottey eluded to it in an interview after the spar .

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Cotto #2 ww-good win but the catchweight affected it

Clottey-coming off of a loss #5

Mosley-coming off of a loss and a draw-barely top 10

Jmm-unranked

Bradley-unranked

so why do we act like his ww run was so great?
      No, it was a good run. It is more impressive because of the way he did it and the fact that, while training, he has to eat 7,000 calories worth of food to make the welterweight limit. That is ridiculous right there. He is not a welterweight. The run was impressive because of this fact. All those guys are good names, and you are just hating if you don't think that is the case. I will give you Mosley, though, since that dude was a bum for who knows how long ago. I don't give Mayweather, Manny, or Canelo credit for that win. He just showed up for a paycheck. All the other dudes were solid, though. How can you hate on Bradley, who was the #1 junior welterweight coming up to welterweight and who had already tested the waters there before? Clottey was coming off a close and competitive fight with Cotto, many thought he won. It's like, whatever. Nobody is saying Pacquiao should be considered one the greatest welterweights or anything like that, but he should be given credit based on the fact that he was facing naturally bigger dudes. He fought all of the important welterweights, let's put it that way.

Comment

• But yeah, I would say it's B level. Nobody really fights A level competition, anyway. Pretty much, most fighters fight bums, anyway. That doesn't mean Manny's run at welterweight was bad, though. It's like, whatever.

Comment

Jmm-unranked

Bradley-unranked

Clottey was a great win for Pac as he had just been robbed by Cotto in many opinions.

Floyd since his comeback has done nothing. JMM was unranked at LWW, let alone WW and Floyd fans say how good a win that is for Floyd. SSM was old with 5 losses coming off a win over no plaster Margarito. Shop worn cotto.

But wont fight Sergio martinez at 160m, not even 154

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Clottey was a great win for Pac as he had just been robbed by Cotto in many opinions.

Floyd since his comeback has done nothing. JMM was unranked at LWW, let alone WW and Floyd fans say how good a win that is for Floyd. SSM was old with 5 losses coming off a win over no plaster Margarito. Shop worn cotto.

But wont fight Sergio martinez at 160m, not even 154
            At 135 Manny and Juan were coming into the ring as WWs , thats why they can move up , most elite LWs can move to WW at some point , so its no big deal , the proportions are pretty much all the same .

Why was Floyds win great , because he was coming from 2 yr out of the ring , Juan was p4p No 2 and just stopped Diaz and Casa , the greatness comes from the ease in which Floyd beat him and the irony Floyd weighed less than Manny just did getting face planted .

Nobody on earth would have predicted Floyd could totally whitewash such a great fighter as Marquez with such ease , this the guy that Manny goes life and death with , this the guy that gives everybody a hard time , Floyd its was a walk in the park , thats why it was great , boxing royalty giving a champaign exhibition of boxing .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Clottey eluded to it in an interview after the spar .
              Link please.

Comment

Link please.
                You go find it , it was posted in Boxing Scene , Ive never been much of a gopher .

Comment

Jmm-unranked

Bradley-unranked

yeah right Larry... Berto and floyd are the only elite fighters at welterweight... right? like my signature? Thats' why floyd trying to fight Berto but Berto were busted by two B-class Welterweight fighters! lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    You go find it , it was posted in Boxing Scene , Ive never been much of a gopher .
                    Didn't think you had one anyway.

Comment

Didn't think you had one anyway.
                      I dont really care what you think , I know what I seen and heard , like I said you go find all the Clottey vids on here and its in one of them .

Comment

Working...
                      X