Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Austin ''No Doubt'' Trout Make Cotto Quit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats funny to me is that everyone was saying the same thing about Cotto when he was about to fight Yuri Foreman... lol.. That Cotto was gonna get outboxed and possibly Ko'd... it seems all too familiar...

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
      Whats funny to me is that everyone was saying the same thing about Cotto when he was about to fight Yuri Foreman... lol.. That Cotto was gonna get outboxed and possibly Ko'd... it seems all too familiar...
      People forget you just can't out box Cotto. Cotto has probably the most underated boxing skills of this era. The man has one of the best amateur careers in the history of PR and people confuse him for a brawler for some reason.

Comment

@140 he was a brawler
        @147 he was a boxer-puncher
        @154 he is a counter-puncher

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
          @140 he was a brawler
          I think on the later part of his days at 140 he was a brawler but at the begging he was a boxer. Look at his fights with Abdulaev and Maussa. He was defensive and boxed very nice.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think this fight could be similar to the one with Foreman. Both Foreman and Trout are tall boxers without a big punch, although Trout seems to be stronger than Yuri. Still, I think it might be technical but clear for MC. When I mean the fight against Foreman I mean before Yuri's leg gave out. Even before that he was getting outpointed.

Trout seems physically strong, solid, and motivated so I think this fight goes the distance.
            Last edited by Exciterx30; 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              @140 he was a brawler
              I still think he's more comfortable leading, he just doesn't like to have to be pressed and fight at his own pace.

Comment

He doesn't have the stamina nor fortitude to be a brawler nor stalker anymore. He can still box his a s s of but not past the 10th round IMHO. If you look at his training clips he is training to counter the jab and working the body while going backwards. I think Pedro Diaz has done a nice job and will extend his career past what it would've been under Manny Stew (rest his soul). At this point being a boxer/counter puncher is the smart thing to do. Problem is if he's dragged into a street fight he easily regresses to his bad balance charging in with his head down, and trying to protect himself with his terrible version of the Philly shell.

Becoming a counter puncher was a brilliant move by Pedro.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                  i know its the same clowns in all the threads making themselves feel better by bashing cotto
                  Must be hard to be a mexican in 2012... The hate is a compliment when you realize the misery and self hate these peasants carry with them their entire lives.

Mowing lawns must not be as fun as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    LOOOOL

Btw back to this thread.

What sort of boxer is Trout? I've never watched him before.
                    Damn.. That is a long list of stool-peasants.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                      how did mayweather make cotto quit?
                      I can't believe no one asked this until the end of the second page. I wouldn't even have clicked on this thread if I didn't see that name among those that made Cotto quit. Made me say "WTF?" out loud.

Comment

Working...
                      X