Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn: Manny not a PPV attraction without Mayweather; Predicts 400-600k PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn: Manny not a PPV attraction without Mayweather; Predicts 400-600k PPV buys

So many people just read the title and comment

400-600k PPV buys for GGG-Brook not for Pac-Vargas
    • Showtime making all the moves in boxing. HBO doesn't have the budget for boxing. Crawford v. Postol shouldn't have been on PPV.
    • Pacquiao v. Vargas isn't a big fight. Manny needs to fight superfights
    • Peterson v. Cotto is a joke. He didn't put Kell in with Peterson because he would've gotten stick (what does this mean?) Peterson is a career 140lber just moved up to 147 and now moving up to 154 to fight Cotto.
    • Vargas is a good fighter but got no profile. Brook has no profile in America. That was the problem with making the Vargas-Brook fight
    • Predicts around 400-600k PPV's
    • Quigg Frampton did horrible numbers because it was a trade fight (hardcore fans???) This is not a trade fight

BONUS: RIPS FAT DAN FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT HAVING TABLES FOR PRESS ROW

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 09-08-2016, 10:12 PM.

The 400-600k PPV buys for GGG-Brook not Pacquiao next fight

Comment

Is there a site that even keeps up with U.K ppv numbers?

Comment

All of boxing is on a decline. It's not just Manny. The good fights aren't frequent enough. Hopefully Ward/Kovalev gets the attention it deserves. I hope Manny/Vargas does garbage numbers because I want to see Manny fight better fighters, but it will at least be an entertaining fight.

Comment

Stick = criticism or backlash.

Comment

if manny makes anything between 400k-600k will beat canelo's numbers vs smith

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Stick = criticism or backlash.
              Thanks. Another question about UK slang I want to know. What does MBE mean? Frampton, Froch and a couple other fighters have that behind their name on Twitter

Comment

pac wish he'll get 400-600k for the vargas fight lol... but on the real, manny is still a ppv attraction, he just needs to fight better names. throw marquez in and it'll hit 1mil. throw danny, broner or thurman in and it'll do well. mofos aint dumb, their not gonna keep paying for weak match ups. floyd aint hitting 1mil with names like berto either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  if manny makes anything between 400k-600k will beat canelo's numbers vs smith
                  I messed up the title. That 400-600k is for GGG/Brook

Comment

400-600k for GGG v Brook in the UK is very good when you consider the population is just around 60m.

That would be similar to doing around 3m buys in USA if you use the population:buy ratio

I know Joshua does around those numbers even when fighting bums.

Comment

Working...
                    X