Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: For This I Studied 'Pretty Boy' Floyd, Not 'Money'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    That's where you're wrong.

People have been sky high on Davis since he was a child.

You're a Brit....I don't tell you about your scene because you know it better.

Don't tell me about mine.

Davis and Devin Haney are getting off the chart levels of expectations...far greater than Berto and Broner.
    Then why were many people picking Pedraza to win if people have been that high on Davis? Don't tell me it's because he had a lack of experience because people with less experience than him still get tipped to win when they move up in levels if they're THAT highly regarded as you say he is.

I know Haney has a lot of expectations on him for such a young fighter though.

Also, Berto did have a lot of expectations and had a good amateur career, even picked up a Bronze in the World Championships as well as national amateur champion and won the golden gloves like Davis did. Berto was still pretty hyped until the day he lost to Ortiz.

Broner had a lot more expectation on him, but a lot of that was self inflicted too by saying he was the next Superstar and the next Floyd or whatever.

Boxing is a worldwide sport, so it's not about just knowing about your local scene or whatever.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 01-15-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Davis has more of Naz about him than Mayweather and I'm glad I picked him. My gut feeling from seeing his highlights was that his speed and power would be too much for the workman like Pedraza. And just 22 as well.

We could have a very good young 130 pounder on our hands.

Comment

This was like his version of Mayweather vs Corrales I guess, great performance

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          This was like his version of Mayweather vs Corrales I guess, great performance
          More like his version of Mayweather vs Genaro Hernandez.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Pedraza said that he made a mistake for coming down from 135 to make this fight. But he has been defending his IBF 130 title since 2015 and hasn't fought at 135 any of those times. Can someone shed light on to what he is talking about? I haven't seen him at 135 yet, so what is he talking about?
            He said he came down from 155 to make 130. Basically he saying he kill his self to make weight for this fight which is his own fault.

Comment

Won 40 bucks on davis. Pedraza is solid but it was pretty clear he had nothing for somebody as fast, powerful, and talented as Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Davis is PBC/Haymon/Mayweather. Haymon and Arum worked together in 2016. Remember they made Crawford vs Molina to break the feud. They were in talks to stage more fights, both agreed to work together according to Arum.
                Kev, you gotta dig deeper man. Look at the fighters that Haymon allows to fight for TR & GB? It's never anybody he has big plans for or an important piece of a division he's invested in.

Molina already had six losses and was fighting in a division Haymon had no control of. What does Haymon lose by sending Molina over to HBO? Nothing. What does he gain? Protects himself from lawsuits by creating plausible deniability that he will cooperate with other promoters.

The key here though is ACCORDING TO ARUM they "agreed to work together." Haymon has said nothing, so you really have no idea what Haymon's intentions are. If Arum was dumb enough to drop his lawsuit thinking he was going to make big fights with Haymon, he's sadly mistaken. But far more likely Arum was just trying to save face because his lawsuit was going nowhere fast.

Gervonta Davis has superstar potential and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that Haymon puts him in with ANY fighter Haymon doesn't control unless he has no choice because it's a mandatory fight. And even then Haymon will make sure to invest in the division and control who moves up the IBF rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
                  He said he came down from 155 to make 130. Basically he saying he kill his self to make weight for this fight which is his own fault.
                  Okay, article says he said 135. Guess it's a permanently unfixed typo. It's still there.

Comment

Fcku mofo, Davis kicked that ass!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X