Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If ray robinson had any weakness's what were they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His spending habits,entourage and outside the ring financial behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post

His spending habits,entourage and outside the ring financial behaviour.
      Yeah, if Ray Robinson did anything, it's underachieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
        Who was dropping SRR many times??
        I do not think any one dropped ray many times. He did leave his feet against
        tommy bell, jake lamotta once in five or six fights, rocky g once and hit the canvas after missing a punch against lhw joey maxim while suffering from heat exhaustion. He took a great punch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I do not think any one dropped ray many times. He did leave his feet against
          tommy bell, jake lamotta once in five or six fights, rocky g once and hit the canvas after missing a punch against lhw joey maxim while suffering from heat exhaustion. He took a great punch!!!
          He did, but I know I've seen him on the canvas several times. He's got granite chin, but he was sort of overextend himself and get hit off balance and drops.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            he was considered almost flawless but he must of had a few?
            his straight punches (jab and cross) weren't as clean as they could have been. He never needed them because he never met a really clean technical boxer in his day with reach, but he would need them against a fast elusive guy like SRL, or a pin point puncher like Hearns.

Ray's punches sometimes were wide too. It's ok to do that for power, but its good to have alternatives. he would have to shorten his shots up depending on who he fought.

Comment

If we're talking outside the ring, it would be his behavior. He notoriously beat his wife.

Comment

Moving up too many weight classes.

Comment

i heard he couldnt take a shot to the dingaling

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    i heard he couldnt take a shot to the dingaling
                    Really? I heard the opposite. I heard that someone broke their hand on his dingaling.

Comment

His only weakness was actually a strength too many of today's fighters are missing- a killer instict and desire to win sensationally. With his ability he could have outslicked 'em all, but he was a fighter and a killer.....and he could be dragged into wars. Not actually a weakness in my book.

Comment

Working...
                      X