Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight?

Now that Cotto has been stripped of his title, what are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight for this fight? That would disqualify him from winning the belt, while providing an excuse not to defend the title against GGG should he win. Interested to see what you all think!
    Last edited by mirizarr; 11-18-2015, 02:43 PM.

Purposely give up money?

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
      No that Cotto has been stripped of his title, what are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight for this fight? That would disqualify him from winning the belt, while providing an excuse not to defend the title against GGG should he win. Interested to see what you all think!
      That is a good excuse but I'm sure that they have some type of clause regarding the weight.....and I assure you its NOT a few 100ks, likely a million or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Purposely give up money?
        Purposely missing his initial weight by a half pound, and forced to sweat it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
          No that Cotto has been stripped of his title, what are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight for this fight? That would disqualify him from winning the belt, while providing an excuse not to defend the title against GGG should he win. Interested to see what you all think!
          I seriously doubt he would, I certainly hope he does'nt as that would be very unprofessional. Even as much as I despise catchweights. He signed the contract. Anyways I'm guessing the odds of him doing it would really depend on what the penalties would be. Of that I have no clue.

Comment

I don't think he'd pull a Mayweather.

Comment

I am sure he is on track to make weight but it would be pretty funny to see. Its not like Cotto is going to walk away from his biggest payday because of it. I doubt the weight penalty is all that high that Canelo or GBP wouldn't pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                I don't think he'd pull a Mayweather.
                I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar's considering it

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  I am sure he is on track to make weight but it would be pretty funny to see. Its not like Cotto is going to walk away from his biggest payday because of it. I doubt the weight penalty is all that high that Canelo or GBP wouldn't pay it.
                  Completely agree!

Comment

If he didn't miss weight for Floyds catch weight he's not missing weight for this fight. JESUS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X