Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog vs. Danny Jacobs: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jacobs all the way......this boy is the future imo!..not even segio nor pwill can touch this boy!......

Comment

I'm gonna go with jacobs by ko.Pirog seems a lil slow.But i wont be
      suprised if pirog wins.This should be a fun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        That is a big, big ,factor and I wish it was a non-issue but these judges are a joke. Especially when a GBP fighter is involved or simply a hometown boxer against a foreign fighter, the judging seems to be fixed. There is no way that one judge has a score so different and skewed in the opposite direction that it appears as though he/she was watching a different fight altogether.

I hope the judging is fair though, we can only hope
        Yeah if it's a close fight and goes the distance i can't possibly see how it won't be 117-111 or some crazy GBP **** like that.

Originally posted by Mr Bigglesworth View Post
        Id say pirog and his team know what they will have to do to get win in the usa and thats a ko/tko win.
        I expect massive pressure from pirog straight off the bat after the feeling out 1st round and as soon a pirog finds his range he will push jacobs back to the ropes just like ishe smith did and go to work.
        You have to remember pirog will be the 1st real middle weight danny has faced and you better believe he punches harder than ishe smith.
        Another thing to factor in is pirog has gone 12 with ease and at a crazy pace too. While jacobs has not and likes to take breaks in rounds.
        Pirog will pressure him and hurt late . tko win for pirog the ref saves jacobs.
        That is actually a really great point that i hadn't considered when thinking about this fight. If it starts going rounds and Pirog dedicates himself to fighting at a high pace that he's capable of that could definitely play an important factor.

Comment

No interesting fights today, but next Saturday will be very good with Universum's final card in the afternoon, and the Golden Boy PPV in the evening.

Sartisan-Gevor
          Zbik-Heiland
          Dimitrenko-Zavorotny
          JC Gomez-TBA

Jacobs-Pirog
          Diaz-Marquez
          Bika-Mendy
          Linares-Juarez
          Casamayor-Guerrero
          Groves-Contreras
          Mitchell-Bryant
          Last edited by The Hammer; 07-24-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Could be the best fight on that stacked card.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
              Good summary. Did you watch the Jantuah fight?

Sometimes he's effective with accurate body punches, hence his good KO ratio. He has an excellent workrate.

But, you're right, he didn't seem to have much power in the Jantuah fight, since he repeatedly caught Kofi flush yet didn't put him down.
              Yes, I watched the Jantuah fight. His bodywork as you mentioned was impressive. Based on what I've seen, 3 fights of Pirog, I'm going to go with Jacobs by decision, and I think speed is the deciding factor.

Comment

I said this on another thread,

"Underrated, I'm surprised that he isn't all that hyped. He has the style that I most like to watch, and he actually turns his opponents with his movement and puts them at an uncomfortable angle. He's also very precise with his body punching, and his defense is top notch. He'll also use a very little precentage of his power, then when his opponents open up he explodes. He's unique, so I don't know what comparisons I can make. But he does remind me of Aaron Pryor in how he positions himself when his opponents are cornered. He's also good at ripping uppercuts on the inside.

Can he beat Jacobs? Of course. But we have to factor in that Jacobs is the bigger and better athlete. It's gonna be tough, but I'll be rooting for Pirog
                "

Pirog is gonna have to work his way in. The good thing is, Pirog does NOT move in a straight line.

Comment

Pirog will beat Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Pirog will beat Jacobs.
                    You know something, Jacobs power can be very inconsistent. I mean, he never even hurt Michael Walker. We'll see

Comment

I think that Pirog will won but corupted GBP will rob him!

Comment

Working...
                      X