No announcement yet.

I'm no Al Haymon fan but I don't want PBC to fail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Even if you wish Haymon got cancer and died a slow painful death ( you've never met the man that would still make you f.agot )

But if your a boxing fan and you hope PBC fails makes you a q.ueer piece of sh.it. PBC is giving you lots of boxing that's a good thing if your a fan of the sport.
    Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    As long as they are putting on fights who care? If they are putting garbage on and charging you for it then vote with your wallets. If they are doing it for free then no reason to whine.
    Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    PBC had great fights this year and they were free. That's all I care about.
    I tend to agree with these. I never understood why some posters seemed so upset by this venture (though if it was because of some racist shyt, I wouldn't be surprised). I do understand the criticism about boxers getting paid a lot for matchups that were less than scintillating, but there have been some good fights, they are on common television channels, and they are free. Sounds great to me. I just want to see boxing.

Comment

Quit the wraith talk and tell it how you feel it kid, we know damn well why you and all the other "fans" hating on Haymon, a black man with intellect and business accumen threatens you.

thats why you cats been silent on arum and fishnets garbage ass fights like pac vs bradely 10, marquez vs pac 20 and all the other ****ty ass fights.

soon as a promoter who challenges the status quo and offers "change" comes about all these cats is working overtime to see the man fail smfh.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        You actually enjoyed the weekly mismatches of Friday Night Fights? Even the worst PBC events are better than that.
        I miss FNF. There were some gems over the years.

Comment

It's free, so you just have to learn to tolerate the usual showcase fights, which Haymon is apparently fond of making. The man is obviously terrified of pitting his top fighters against each other. You'll be lucky to see all of them fight in a single year.

The over protection can be annoying though.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            It's free, so you just have to learn to tolerate the usual showcase fights, which Haymon is apparently fond of making. The man is obviously terrified of pitting his top fighters against each other. You'll be lucky to see all of them fight in a single year.

The over protection can be annoying though.

he's trying to take over the entire US market. he has to be careful. once he has full control, then everybody can fight everybody like in UFC.

but to take the crazy model boxing had and try to create a UFC model isn't easy and will take a lot of time, money and energy.

i see so many threads about haymon supposedly "failing," yet nobody can explain how he's "failing" if he has more control over the US market than ever before, arum has less control than ever before, and golden boy only has one fighter.

if haymon's goal was to end up with a monopoly of US boxing, he seems to be well on his way. HBO budget is the smallest it's ever been. HBO promoters are getting squeezed out of the business. friday night fights is dead. haymon took FS1 away from golden boy. haymon has more control over showtime than ever. thanks to the OTA network exposure, millions are now familiar with wilder, thurman, porter etc that had never heard of them before.

who can honestly look at the US boxing landscape right now and say haymon has less power than when he split with golden boy?

Comment

Originally posted by hotep View Post
              Quit the wraith talk and tell it how you feel it kid, we know damn well why you and all the other "fans" hating on Haymon, a black man with intellect and business accumen threatens you.

thats why you cats been silent on arum and fishnets garbage ass fights like pac vs bradely 10, marquez vs pac 20 and all the other ****ty ass fights.

soon as a promoter who challenges the status quo and offers "change" comes about all these cats is working overtime to see the man fail smfh.
              That's not true at all,

I'm down with the black fist.

(raises fist)

We talk about Haymon more than Oscar/Arum because

1.) He prefers to stay hidden and mysterious. Mysterious people attract more attention

2.) He has way more fighters than both combined

3.) He has the best opportunity to make the best fights that we as fans are dying for, yet he refuses to do so

Comment

What pisses me off is that they have all these people signed, and they occasionally make a good fight w/the available talent.
                Garcia/Peterson was good.... then we get Malignaggi and Guerrero? Uhhhh, don't you have more WW's signed? And then Guerrero vs a literal cab driver as a main event?
                Also these guys are inactive as hell

He did less with more

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  What pisses me off is that they have all these people signed, and they occasionally make a good fight w/the available talent.
                  Garcia/Peterson was good.... then we get Malignaggi and Guerrero? Uhhhh, don't you have more WW's signed? And then Guerrero vs a literal cab driver as a main event?
                  Also these guys are inactive as hell

He did less with more
                  Pretty much this. I think most boxing fans love the concept of PBC (Boxing on network TV), but its execution hasn't been flawless by any means. How many stars has the PBC brand created?
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 09-29-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Pretty much this. I think most boxing fans love the concept of PBC (Boxing on network TV), but its execution hasn't been flawless by any means.
                    I think most these guys are inactive because they're wondering why they're not getting paid as much as before. And then desired opponents wonder why they aren't getting paid as much as the last guy... now we have all these guys sitting out/not fighting.

Not gonna lie, they made some good fights. Porter probably had the best opposition line-up w/Broner and Thurman alone... LSC and Frampton up there too w/Mares and Frampton and LSC and Quigg but I think Porter had the best opponent line-up. If PBC was more like what he had lined up, I'd be rooting my balls off for it... but PBC is more like Danny's run. One good fight sandwhiched between ****

I mean, why do you even bother offering a fight to Eggington?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      I think most these guys are inactive because they're wondering why they're not getting paid as much as before. And then desired opponents wonder why they aren't getting paid as much as the last guy... now we have all these guys sitting out/not fighting.

Not gonna lie, they made some good fights. Porter probably had the best opposition line-up w/Broner and Thurman alone... LSC and Frampton up there too w/Mares and Frampton and LSC and Quigg but I think Porter had the best opponent line-up. If PBC was more like what he had lined up, I'd be rooting my balls off for it... but PBC is more like Danny's run. One good fight sandwhiched between ****

I mean, why do you even bother offering a fight to Eggington?!
                      At least we're getting DeGale/Jack...hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                      X