Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In light of all these Lewis-Klitschko threads...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair I think the Holmes fight was one of Norton's best performances. He gave it everything he had and was never the same.

Shavers was in good shape for the first Holmes fight but Holmes boxed brilliantly. The rematch was actually tougher for Holmes even though Shavers' conditioning was worse.

Comment

Holmes beat Spinks in the first fight. He would have gotten the nod if he didn’t say the Marciano comment

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
        Holmes beat Spinks in the first fight. He would have gotten the nod if he didn’t say the Marciano comment
        He said it after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
          He said it after the fight.
          I scored the fight for Holmes but I never saw the comment. But I did read about it

Holmes received heavy criticism for his pre-fight comments, which he stated "Rocky Marciano couldn't have carried my jockstrap." Holmes later apologized.

BOXREC

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
            I scored the fight for Holmes but I never saw the comment. But I did read about it

Holmes received heavy criticism for his pre-fight comments, which he stated "Rocky Marciano couldn't have carried my jockstrap." Holmes later apologized.

BOXREC
            It was during the post fight press conference of Holmes vs Spinks I.

Comment

Working...
            X