Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin on Canelo: I Only Respect Those Who Sign The Contract!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    So, you post to Ake Dawg and give the exact quote, then post to me a misquote of the same article and claim it is the "direct quote"...

The DIRECT QUOTE is as follows:
    Loeffler said his emailed reply to Ward’s camp was that if Ward was still at 168 pounds in early 2017, Golovkin would be pleased to consider the bout at that point.

Im guessing there's something about the phrase "be pleased to" that doesn't quite fit your narrative.

Another question. You and I have gone back and forth over "1 tune up" vs "1 tune up in 2016". Now look and read what you copied from the article. Do you see where Loeffler says after each man has had a tune up that year (2016)? Are you going to try to argue that Ward was not planning to fight again in 2015? Are you trying to say that the whole Ward vs Murdoch and Ward vs Brand was just a couple of hoaxes? Ward sent an offer for a year after the fact, asking Golovkin to agree to a fight at a weight Ward would have not made in3 years at that point. Is that smart business?
    1. I think METHOD was trying to focus on the "consider" part of the statement.
    2. There was no indication that the fight was proposed for a year after, just that there would be one fight in between. The timing of the 2016 fight is unknown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      You're correct he would be pleased to "consider" the fight. So he would "consider" it...why not say happy to fight him? Because he didn't want the fight, but we've gone around enough with this. GayLoveKin had his chance to prove elite, and he blew it, now he's fighting a WW.
      He basically said that on July 8 of last year wuen he said "GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis..." to which Ward responded with, next year, after a tune up next year...

I will say that I am glad to hear that after almost 2 years of being signed to Roc Nation, that Andre Ward has finally tuned up.

Comment

• GGG didn't want the fight with Ward because he wanted to plow through the MW division first. He's never swayed from that position. Nobody in the MW division wants to fight him. Brook is a worthy opponent (we'll soon see how worthy). Was he supposed to retire? No. If he decides to move up he will fight Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Whether Ward could make 168 or not, GGG didn't want to lock himself into a 2 fight contract which would have involved moving up to a higher division for 50% of peanuts when there seemed to be better fights waiting for him in his own division - Lemieux then the winner of Cotto/Canelo. Is that so difficult to understand?
          Most people understand that K2 was jockeying for a Cotto/Canelo fight. Unfortunately there are these folks that try and push the narrative that Ward wasn't avoided. He was...more likely for financial reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            1. I think METHOD was trying to focus on the "consider" part of the statement.
            2. There was no indication that the fight was proposed for a year after, just that there would be one fight in between. The timing of the 2016 fight is unknown.
            1. I get where he was going. I just dont seethe big enough difference the terms 'option' and 'consider' for him to feel the need to 'correct' me, especially saying "the direct quote is..." (then misquote the actual quote). I was just paraphrasing and was pretty close to the intent of the statement.

2. I do feel that since the offer called for a 2016 tune up it does put a longer time frame on it. Even the most active fighters take 3 or 4 months between fights. So lets assume that this 2016 tune up was in January. 4 months later puts us in May. This is still about 10 months after the email, which is close to a year, with the best of conditions. Hypothetically, if they had signed to fight, and if everything else happened the way it did with Ward, then it would have happened in August when Ward really fought Brand. That would have been over a year since last July. (I hope you understand what Im trying to say here...)

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
              Every fight over 154 was a middleweight fight.

Did he, or did he not, fight for a middle weight belt?
              yes....i have been humbled into submission. you all were trying to tell me but my arrogance just wouldnt let me listen. i try not to be a fan boy but damn....im hoping alvy does the right thing after 3g vanquishes brook. i think he will.

Comment

• I enjoy watching Alvarez squeal in ***** fights instead of fighting GGG, It reminds me of fear and GGG's mental stronghold on these punks. When and if they enter the ring, GGG will be in Canelo's head the whole time. He will have essentially defeated him before even throwing a punch.

The same goes for the brooklyn *****, Danny Jacobs and BJ-yourself Saunders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  I was doing a GGG fanboy impersonation.

Hagler would be laughed out of boxing if he were in GGG's MW division.
                  Sorry my bad! GGG fans are dumb as F'k!!! Hard to tell who's making fun of them and who's not. lol. There that F'n STUPID!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Lol. So you hear Virgil saying "I'd rather have Andre at 168" right where the other clown hears him saying "I know how to get Andre to 168"

He's not mumbling doe ... you can clearly hear what he's saying ... yeah right!

I'm sure Virgil would rather have Andre at 168 doe. So why didn't he stay there if he could still make the weight?

And btw, what do you make of the quote from Ward I posted where he says himself that making 175 is hard and he doesn't think he can do 168 any more?
                    Because Golovkin and his camp became stumbling/bumbling *****es and Ward's next best fight opportunity was to move up and fight Kovalev.

Beyond that, Ward made the comment about 175 now being tough, two fight camps into his push to get ready for Sergey Kovalev, a light heavyweight who actually does cut down from 200lbs.

Thought you had some intelligence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      Most people understand that K2 was jockeying for a Cotto/Canelo fight. Unfortunately there are these folks that try and push the narrative that Ward wasn't avoided. He was...more likely for financial reasons.
                      Ward wasn't avoided. You don't need to avoid someone who is fighting in a different division.

Here's an analogy - 2 guys with a beef see each other on the street, walking on opposite sides of the road. One shouts across to other "Hey, you want some .. come over here"

The other guys shouts back "No .. you want me, you come over here"

Then they both carry on walking. Did one avoid the other? Nope, they just carried on with their own business.

Comment

Working...
                      X