Mass shooting in California.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'm being sarcastic.
    sarcastic and a top notch azhole, my kinda guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
      sarcastic and a top notch azhole, my kinda guy.

if i tweeze my eyebrows and take a knee when cuaht hits me we'll basically become best friends

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        if i tweeze my eyebrows and take a knee when cuaht hits me we'll basically become best friends
        why go through all that work? i'll just post about my general awesomeness at nauseum so we can further cement this bond.

Comment

• I just pinched a big loaf of Islam.

Did you guys see how ugly that Muslim wife was??? Forget the twisted religion, but as Austin Powers said, " she's a man baby!". Now we see why many Muslim women wear, & want to wear the full hijab!!!

Hideous looking woman-man!!!

Last edited by Zaroku; 12-09-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            When you say "Muslims" you are not differentiating between the 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet, and the tiny percentage that are jihadist.
            lol tiny minority http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...nion-polls.htm

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            So now you are going to tell me what MY friends want to do. That includes the possibility of wanting to behead me....for fuks sake...smh
            you can never know for sure, that's all he's telling you. don't get so upset.

how often do we hear "moderate" muslims joining ISIS or committing acts of terror seemingly out of nowhere? too often. hell, you're posting in a thread that is an example of the latter. he was such a good moderate muslim doe!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              I've been hearing people attack Catholic priests for quite a few years without hearing "but not all Catholics are pedophiles doe" even once. Seems like you can't have a discussion about ISIS, Al Qaeda or any other radical Islamic extremist group or individual without multiple waterheads coming out of the woodwork to scream "not all Muslims doe, you racist, bigoted scumbag!" Like anyone with an IQ above room temperature doesn't already know that.
              Yes, this is the regressive climate that we live in now. I have a Facebook friend (and liberal regressive)who posted "not all terrorists wear turbans.." right after the Colorado abortion clinic attack. That was the response! Some liberals are such a hurry to 'protect' muslims from any criticism. It's disgusting...

Comment

• Below is a guest article by Suraiya Simi Rahman, MD, reprinted from her Facebook page with her permission. She is a doctor and an ex-Muslim who has lived in Bangladesh, the UAE and Pakistan. She practices pediatrics in Los Angeles. Facebook has improperly removed her original posting of this article for allegedly violating their community standards. Before being censored her post was shared over 2,000 times on Facebook.

How do you tell a radical homicidal Muslim from a moderate peace loving one?

Every Muslim humanist is asking themselves this question I first asked myself in September 2001.

And here is my train of thought.

The 9/11 hijackers reminded me of boys I had gone to school with in Dubai in the 80s and 90s. They were the same age, background, and modern enough to have listened to 80s pop and chased girls. Meaning that just like most young people in the Muslim world, we weren’t that religious.

So, I thought, maybe I could locate the differences between them and me, and at some point I would identify a breakaway point. Something they would do that I never would. And it took me a while to realize this, and now with the California shootings, it has reaffirmed for me, that indeed, when it comes to being able to tell a moderate from a radical in Islam, you can’t.

You really can’t tell until the moment before they pull the trigger, who is moderate and who is jihadi. Tashfeen has broken our moderate backbone, by revealing that she lived among us, unnoticed, normal, experiencing motherhood, enveloped in our secure community and yet, had radicalized.

And that’s the problem, that there are many others like her with exactly the same beliefs, who may not have been ignited yet by a radical cleric, but if the opportunity presented itself, they would follow. They’re like a dormant stick of dynamite, waiting for the fuse to be lit. The TNT is already in there.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/camelsw...it-their-wall/
                Last edited by John Barron; 12-09-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  When you say "Muslims" you are not differentiating between the 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet, and the tiny percentage that are jihadist.
                  facepalm

Now post what I actually said about "muslims" and we can see your latest strawman argument in all it's glory.

Let me quote your holy book for you:
                  [COLOR="Red"][B]
                  Deuteronomy 20:10-16New International Version (NIV)
                  AGAIN, that's Old Testament scripture. Us Christians do not live as the OT says. We live as Jesus told us to live in the New Testament.

Once again, I've had to explain this concept to you. Why do you have such problems learning basic concepts? I grow tired of having to educate you on the same points/facts over and over and over....

Can I now say that radical Christians would want to do that, and moderates wish the radicals would do it?
                  Obviously not, as explained above.

BTW, sounds a lot like ISIS doesn't it?
                  Maybe so, but you don't see Christians acting this way. You do on the other hand see muslims resorting to the violence their holy book commands them to do.

So now you are going to tell me what MY friends want to do. That includes the possibility of wanting to behead me....for fuks sake...smh
                  Strawman argument.

There you go again with yelling out strawman. Stop hiding behind that ridiculous response for once.
                  Stop making strawman arguments and I'll stop calling you out for it.

Yet again, another concept I've been over with you multiple times.

It is not a strawman when you are GENERALIZING and not making clear the distinction between Muslims and Jihadists. There is a difference, and I'm merely pointing that out and you scream out strawman.
                  I made a clear distinction. You either failed to see it or you turned what I said into yet another strawman argument.

It's really old, really, really old.
                  Yes, your repeated use of that specific fallacy has grown old.

You are on the verge of being ignored again. Want to talk, then cut the cowardly conversation. You said "Muslims" I pointed out that it's not all Muslims, and that is factually correct.
                  Do what you gotta do. Even on ignore I'll refute your bs when needed, and I don't have to deal with all your fallacy!

As to being cowardly, I'm not. I stand behind everything I said because I said what I meant. The problem is you are attributing statements to me I did not make. That's the definition of a strawman argument.

I'll try in my next post to again explain the concept to you.

Comment

• "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.

This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery, entertaining "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or understanding both sides of the issue."

Now for an example:

"Straw man arguments often arise in public debates such as a (hypothetical) prohibition debate:

A: We should relax the laws on beer.
                    B: 'No, any society with unrestricted access to intoxicants loses its work ethic and goes only for immediate gratification.

The proposal was to relax laws on beer. Person B has exaggerated this to a position that is harder to defend, i.e., "unrestricted access to intoxicants". It is a logical fallacy because Person A never made that claim."

Source:
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I can also recommend a few textbooks on the subject if you ask. I've told you before a Debate course at a local CC would be good for you since you like to debate so much. Why you've refused to educate/train yourself on something you enjoy doing is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      facepalm

Now post what I actually said about "muslims" and we can see your latest strawman argument in all it's glory.

AGAIN, that's Old Testament scripture. Us Christians do not live as the OT says. We live as Jesus told us to live in the New Testament.

Once again, I've had to explain this concept to you. Why do you have such problems learning basic concepts? I grow tired of having to educate you on the same points/facts over and over and over....

Obviously not, as explained above.

Maybe so, but you don't see Christians acting this way. You do on the other hand see muslims resorting to the violence their holy book commands them to do.

Strawman argument.

Stop making strawman arguments and I'll stop calling you out for it.

Yet again, another concept I've been over with you multiple times.

I made a clear distinction. You either failed to see it or you turned what I said into yet another strawman argument.

Yes, your repeated use of that specific fallacy has grown old.

Do what you gotta do. Even on ignore I'll refute your bs when needed, and I don't have to deal with all your fallacy!

As to being cowardly, I'm not. I stand behind everything I said because I said what I meant. The problem is you are attributing statements to me I did not make. That's the definition of a strawman argument.

I'll try in my next post to again explain the concept to you.
                      Jesus broke it down, so even a college educated fool like me could get it!!!

Encapsulated everything, made it simple, and this is my religion!!

Love the creator with all your heart & mind.
                      Love each other as God loves us!!!!

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                      X