No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Clears Up Pacquiao-Marquez Testing Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Gotta add this one to the excuse board. Lol.
    As usual, nothing has changed since 2009.....

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      The Commissions should make it all automatic. For larger profile fights, co-ordinate all testing through vada or usada and bill the promoters. Leave them out of the loop except for the testing costs. They can use in-house testing for smaller profile fights to keep it cost effective.
      Arum said in this article that the commission can do it...if they fund it. So that rules billing it back to him out. What he really said is, **** extra tests.

Comment

If I have gained anything from this thread, is that many in here either lack reading comprehension or just want to b|tch for the hell of it.

What sleazy ole bob said is right. If the fighters want extra testing, the commission should arrange it through VADA or USADA if needed extra testing, as the promoter being involved as the middleman can end up a huge mess just like in the Morales Fight. It is the Commissions who should be pushing for it and then bill the promoters the cost to make it happen.

Having the promoter get involved in something that could cost them millions if the fight does not go ahead, will only cause attempted cover-ups etc. We have seen this already.
        Green sent!

I dont know what grade these flomos have, its really simple as what you said... It should be the commission who should hire either VADA or USADA if extra testing is needed, coz if the the promoters hire directly the VADA or USADA, they will do whatever it takes to push the fight, just like they did in Morales fight.
        Last edited by sapaw; 12-03-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Arum said in this article that the commission can do it...if they fund it. So that rules billing it back to him out. What he really said is, **** extra tests.
          He did not say that. He said “Well I’m not going to do it with USADA or VADA or outside agencies without it being under the authority of the commission. Because otherwise you get the nonsense you got in New York with Morales. Test, retest. You have to hand it over to the commission. And if the commission will do it, I think, if you provide them with the funds necessary to do it which we would've been prepared to do but nobody has mentioned pre fight drug testing” said Arum"

Comment

He did not say that. He said “Well I’m not going to do it with USADA or VADA or outside agencies without it being under the authority of the commission. Because otherwise you get the nonsense you got in New York with Morales. Test, retest. You have to hand it over to the commission. And if the commission will do it, I think, if you provide them with the funds necessary to do it which we would've been prepared to do but nobody has mentioned pre fight drug testing” said Arum"
            My mistake. I read this:

“Nobody suggested drug testing on either side until the issue came up this week. Because if the fighters had wanted drug testing I would've given the issue to the commission provided the commission would fund and the commission would've run pre-fight blood and urine tests. But nobody asked me” said Arum.

Comment

clear and simple that ducquiao is dirty

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                My mistake. I read this:

“Nobody suggested drug testing on either side until the issue came up this week. Because if the fighters had wanted drug testing I would've given the issue to the commission provided the commission would fund and the commission would've run pre-fight blood and urine tests. But nobody asked me” said Arum.

Whether he means what he said or not can be disputed, but to me for once, he said something that should be addressed. It would be the correct way of having it all handled.

Comment

Whether he means what he said or not can be disputed, but to me for once, he said something that should be addressed. It would be the correct way of having it all handled.
                  Totally agree. Not happening though--and definitely not for these two fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Even though Arum is just spinning, as usual, he's right to criticise testing from USADA or VADA that isn't under the direct control of the commission. Of course he probably doesn't want testing either way but that's another matter.
                    USADA has done some shady things yes but VADA is legit, they don't re-test fighters or destroy samples without testing them.

The Commissions should make it all automatic. For larger profile fights, co-ordinate all testing through vada or usada and bill the promoters. Leave them out of the loop except for the testing costs. They can use in-house testing for smaller profile fights to keep it cost effective.
                    But that's exactly what they do, when VADA or USADA get a positive test they inform the commission right away and the commission suspends the fighter's license.

Comment

And boom goes the dynamite.

Comment

Working...
                      X