Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Hammed punch circular or linear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Hammed punch circular or linear?

Is it circular like a circular hook punch or linear like a straight right?

Hammed threw a leaping uppercut with a vertical fist. Not sure if the energy is going in a mostly straight line or a circular line.

What do you think and why?

Cheers!

When a boxer throws this punch it's actually a set up for the following punch. If you throw that punch you want to make your opponent to think that you are throwing a lead uppercut. But instead throwing the punch circular you straighten it up. Therefore you lose power but have a good setup for the following power punch. You would try to hit you opponent on the eyes with that punch to take his sight.
    In the GIF you can notice that Hamed's opponent is bending to the side to not get hit by the fake uppercut. Because of that Hamed creates a good distance for his following punch and his opponent diminished his ability to take the punch by taking his upper body out of balance.

Comment

Take up Physics, Alex. You are wasted on the simplest Maths that boxing offers.

Comment

So you are back to making stupid ass threads i see

Comment

I don't care but thanks for reminding me of my favourite Naz combination

Comment

I'd say it was more perpendicular. With the focus on the axis of his standing calf.
            If you look closer at his right, he purposely makes it fall short by applying the rules of time and space continuum just before contact would usually apply.

It's all in the hips.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!

In that instance it was linear. (try it yourself in the air and your arm will move just like Hammeds at full extension it gets a little lift)

However he throws a jumping lead uppercut in a circular way too at closer range.

You know its going to be linear with Hammed if he keeps his fist vertical.
              Last edited by AlexKid; 06-05-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Looks more like a square to me.

Comment

Originally posted by slyslicksmooth View Post
                  looks more like a square to me.
                  lol

!!

Comment

I'm doin the calculations in my lab

Comment

Working...
                    X