Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins Between a Prime Oscar De La Hoya vs Regular Welterweight Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins Between a Prime Oscar De La Hoya vs Regular Welterweight Manny Pacquiao

Many kicked Oscars ass, plain and simple. But Oscar was old, washed up, and ready to just hang the gloves up. But what about a Prime Oscar. How would Prime Oscar do against Manny Pacquiao. I think Prime Oscar would knock him out in the 9th or 10th round. What do you guys think.
    Prime Oscar De La Hoya
    41.03%
    Welterweight Manny Pacquiao
    58.97%
    Draw
    0.00%

Pac. That left will still sting and Dela hoya still cant hurt anyone with the right.

Comment

Originally posted by rme7 View Post
      Pac. That left will still sting and Dela hoya still cant hurt anyone with the right.
      I think the De La Hoya that fought Trinidad would beat a welterweight pacquiao. Straight right is the most effective punch against Pacquiao, but De La Hoya has other punches he could beat Manny with.

Comment

I think a Prime welterweight Oscar beats the best versions of Pacman and Mayweather at 147

Comment

Pacquiao will win a competitive fight, Oscar never had either a straight lead right habd nor a counter right hand, his best punches are the jab and the left hook, if you don't have a good right hand you won't be able to do much damage against Pacquiao, but still it'll be a very competitive fight, Maybe Oscar can outhustle him and use his size advantage like Morales did and Oscar is faster and stronger than Morales.

Comment

Hard to say when Oscar gave such a crap performance against Pac.

Then again, De La Hoya likes to stand pretty square so he'll always give a presentable target to Pacquiao. De La Hoya is a left hook fighter and by the time he met Pac, Pac started to develop his own right albeit not the greatest thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              I think a Prime welterweight Oscar beats the best versions of Pacman and Mayweather at 147

No version of Oscar beats Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                No version of Oscar beats Mayweather.
                Interesting opinion

Just watching the Oscar-Floyd fight though, a past prime Oscar had some success in that fight, and he was past prime then. I think that was close to Floyd's best personally, even if it was at 154

Comment

This is one of the first ten posts i think i made in NSB.

If Pac had not fought:

Morales
                  Barrera
                  Hatton
                  Dela Hoya
                  Cotto
                  Margarito
                  Marquez
                  Bradley

and you ask NSB boxing analyst Floyd fans,

Pac would not have beaten anyone of them.

Comment

De La Hoya still fought squared up and flat-footed when he was prime, granted his reflexes were better

That's a recipe for disaster vs an ambush style as fast as pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X