No announcement yet.

Revisit Mayweather vs Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Is Mayweather 37 in this scenario or seven years younger?
    Any version. Floyd could have easily fought him, but opted not to. He chose the feather fisted Baldomir instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd
      Quote:

Originally Posted by The Raw Dog

IMAGE#1

this............
      Yup, you can tell that meme was made by a fl0mo. "Every"

When trying to be funny fails...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by MrFactor View Post
        After see in the Maidana fight, it made me think, this is exactly how Tony Margarito would have fought Mayweather. The glaring differences between Maidana and Margarito are their respective sizes. Maidana came up from 140. Margarito had longer reach and was a solid WW for his career.

Mayweathers fan base get very bothered by the Margarito talk, but we saw last nite an example of a guy who is gonna keep coming and is willing to commit to the body and throw over 100 punches per round. Maidana's only flaw last nit was his size.
        I have been saying this for years. Margarito was steem rolling everyone in the division and everyone feared him. He went to Floyd and said let's fight and Floyd of course said its going to happen and of course of it didn't. That was one of the biggest ducks in boxing history. Margarito would take 3 shots just to get one. Floyd refuses to fight guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
          Any version. Floyd could have easily fought him, but opted not to. He chose the feather fisted Baldomir instead.

Exactly, Floyd fans called it a "smart business move", anybody that watched the first Casillo fight or the Maidana fight knows Margarito would have gave him his first "official" loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
            Well according to Arum Floyd was willing to fight him.

Comment

i think it would be another close fight, possibly capable of going either way

floyd can win 2-3 rd's running before he needs a break and lays on the ropes for 3 rounds, then another 2rd's of running

margarito was tall, he could possibly get over floyds shoulder on occassion, and i think the pressure he'd put on floyd would be alot more consistent than the pressure from maidana, floyd's shots would also look very unimpressive vs margarito who would be very big and strong and floyd would likely be throwing some potshots as he's turning

would be a tough fight

Comment

instead of fighting margarito for 7 mlllion he fought sharmba for 4 then zab for 5, then baldomir for the lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  This is the same question I keep asking.

The Margarito situation was in 2006, that's 8 years ago.

Floyd was in his 20's. Floyd is a few years shy of 40 now. Slight difference.

I would love to know what the average IQ of this board is.
                  Exactly. Not to mention Maidana and Margs are brawlers which is probably the only thing they have in common. Maidana is faster then Margs, Maidana throws punches both from weird angles and he also has a way of sneaking his hooks in when you swear he's throwing a jab. Margs does none of that, he throws textbook punches from a brawlers type stance.

Comment

Working...
                  X