Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest problem with boxing today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problem with boxing today!

There's absolutely no structure. The way it's being run is sloppy and disorganized. It's a damn free for all with fighters and their promoters picking and choosing who they want to fight rather than working your way up thru the ranks and actually earning a title shot then defending it against others who actually worked their way up the ranks and earned the shot. This is why boxing will never again become a mainstream sport. It's frustrating. I'm a diehard boxing fan since I was 7yrs old but it's to the point where I respect the sport of tennis more than boxing. Their players actually work their way up the ranks and play each other until there's 2 remaining players on the big stage and there's one winner/champion. Boxing needs a total overhaul.

I seriously think the only thing keeping some people watching boxing is the violence aspect of it.

Let's say tennis itself was ran like boxing. Unorganized, blatantly corrupt and nothing but cherry picking. Then no one would ever watch the sport. Absolutely no one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      I seriously think the only thing keeping some people watching boxing is the violence aspect of it.

Let's say tennis itself was ran like boxing. Unorganized, blatantly corrupt and nothing but cherry picking. Then no one would ever watch the sport. Absolutely no one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I agree. Imagine Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic making it to the finals only to pick who he prefers to play. The sport would get laughed right off of the mainstream stage.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

And here's me thinking it was people tuning in to see what music the boxers had chosen to walk to the ring to.

Comment

stupid fans, they think boxing is slugging

Comment

biggest problems? fighters dont wanna face the toughest competition if the money is not right. people chooses certain fighters to be a fan of based on race.

Comment

Biggest problem is nowaday we have fighter with their health come first.

Comment

Boxing was ALWAYS corrupt. Now We just have the internet and the media telling us it is.

Comment

Well your life isn't on the line in Tennis. Most of these guys are nobodies, bound to be gang bangers, criminals, etc. They are getting theres. Some fight the best. Some try to avoid until they can't no more, and no one has ever became truly popular for avoiding fighters forever.

The problem with boxing is access. Having all the big fights on premium pay networks makes access to the sport extremely limited. That is why this new resurgence of PPV cards is troubling to me. Promoters are going the wrong way. They need to get backed by a major cable network.Get sponsors. Not limit access with PPVs for a quick buck.

Comment

Working...
                  X