No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by borikua View Post

but who the **** cares about those no names? Supposely the revenues from the ppv will be use to promote fights here in PR....year right.
    People who love boxing does they'll watch!!! Boxing is like the music industry it seems you got the mainstream and then you got those on the under trying to make it, but no one cares about them even if they are good!

Originally posted by borikua View Post
    I would love to see Cotto win, but if he loses, it's karma *****
    If He loses, it's because he's making puerto ricans pay? lmao

Comment

• I haven't read this entire thread, so i may repeat some things already stated.

1-Cotto is not doing anything much different than other fighters and promotional companies have done. Sometimes PPV fights that Americans buy are often are not done in PPV in UK TV through sky sports. There is also vice versa situations in which Fights here on showtime or HBO might be on PPV in the UK.

2- I disagree with the concept that Showtime is free. It's not PPV, but it's still a premium channel which i need to pay extra for a premium package. If you want to call ESPN fights as part of basic cable free, than maybe i can accept that argument.

3-THe price could be lower to maybe $30-$40 bucks. However, as people realize that this is a significant lower payday for Cotto. If he is getting 1 million, than after paying taxes, trainer, and traveling expenses he is left with about half the amount, if not less.

4- When it comes to consumer choices people are free to choose. I have supported Cotto in the past and have seen some of his fights ringside. This fight i choose not to go in person and will just watch it on showtime. The people in PR can simply voiced their opinion by simply not buying it.

Comment

• This is a dumbass move. Of all the ways to take money...

I'm pretty sure Cotto could have made this a PPV in the states...Not worth wanting him to get knocked out, but I'd be mad about it.

Comment

• lol damn...

Boxing fans need to stand with the Puerto Rican people on this

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
            ..for crying out loud ....

Respectfully; Don't buy it then. If you really believe all that you post stand by it and don't purchase the PPV. Otherwise you're wasting your own brain cells arguing your point.
            Well I had to help you out a little since you seemed to have difficulties with your own argument.

You are missing the point. And if you read my other post then you would understand where I am coming from. As a fan I reserve to right to criticize as much as I want. Just as Cotto has the right to make this business decision. That is what I am doing. Being critical of the decision making. It doesn't mean I am not going to support my fighter.

Anyways, I'm not currently in PR so I don't have to buy the PPV, but my parents will buy it tomorrow and if I were there tomorrow I would buy it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fistic View Post
              Well I had to help you out a little since you seemed to have difficulties with your own argument.

You are missing the point. And if you read my other post then you would understand where I am coming from. As a fan I reserve to right to criticize as much as I want. Just as Cotto has the right to make this business decision. That is what I am doing. Being critical of the decision making. It doesn't mean I am not going to support my fighter.

Anyways, I'm not currently in PR so I don't have to buy the PPV, but my parents will buy it tomorrow and if I were there tomorrow I would buy it too.

Wait...what?

Comment

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                I haven't read this entire thread, so i may repeat some things already stated.

1-Cotto is not doing anything much different than other fighters and promotional companies have done. Sometimes PPV fights that Americans buy are often are not done in PPV in UK TV through sky sports. There is also vice versa situations in which Fights here on showtime or HBO might be on PPV in the UK.
                There is a significant time difference between the U.S. and U.K. Why charge people that have to stay up until the early morning hours to just watch the undercard much more for a main event? Sleep deprivation is considered torture in some places

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                  Wait...what?
                  1. I'm not in PR.

2. My parents are in PR.

3. I don't have to buy the PPV and my parents do have to buy the PPV.

Does that help?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDevil5 View Post
                    He's only trying to feed his kids during these tough times. But yea it sucks for the people on the island to pay the full 60 when everywhere it's free.u
                    Didn't he earn like $8 million+PPV revenue for the Floyd fight[$12-15million total?]. How much food does his kids need?

Comment

• This fight is not PPV caliber. Trout has not shown to be a PPV fighter yet. A win over Delvin Rodriguez doesn't make you the B-side of a PPV. Cotto is popular, probably the 3rd most popular boxer in the U.S. but he can not carry a PPV by himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X