No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Eyes Guerrero-Berto Winner, Prefers Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Eyes Guerrero-Berto Winner, Prefers Guerrero

Marcos "Chino" Maidana has an upcoming fight scheduled on December 12th in his home country of Argentina. While his opponent is yet to be determined, Maidana is already training in Oxnard with Robert Garcia in preparation for the fight.

Maidana entered the Welterweight division earlier this year and while he lost his debut against Devon Alexander, he bounced back nicely with a 8th round stoppage over the tough Jesus Soto Karass. As he now feels better acclimated to 147 lbs, Maidana is looking to have a big year in 2013 and informed BoxingsScene he has his eyes set on the outcome of an upcoming fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

isn't it harder to get inside on southpaws...they never line up right I find. The left hook to the liver and straight right work well on them tho. And isn't Berto the one who likes to sit on the ropes and let u crowd him and pound on his arms and body? Guerrero keeps the fight in the centre of the ring and turns you all night, but he lets his hands go a lot, both guys match up and dont match up with Maidana not sure if he'll be any good at 147 either way tho

Comment

an opponent to be named? so he gets smashed by alexander, beats a c fighter in soto karass, and he gonna fight a ham n egger on the 12th and that gets him a titleshot?(even if it's interm champ) Maidana is a b grade fighter at best, very exciting fighter but a b none the less. marcos has a very limited skill set and imo i can't see him improving enough to beat the a class fighters(and i don't consider alexander an a class fighter). I compare marcos to mayorga. maby get a title or two, but a weak champ and a b grade fighter. mayorga beat lewis,and forrest and lost to the rest, maidana beat........ wait a min, he hasnt beaten anyone of the caliber of vernon. marcos is what he is which is exciting, but thats it. peace ya'll

Comment

Originally posted by mrpleaseplease View Post
        an opponent to be named? so he gets smashed by alexander, beats a c fighter in soto karass, and he gonna fight a ham n egger on the 12th and that gets him a titleshot?(even if it's interm champ) Maidana is a b grade fighter at best, very exciting fighter but a b none the less. marcos has a very limited skill set and imo i can't see him improving enough to beat the a class fighters(and i don't consider alexander an a class fighter). I compare marcos to mayorga. maby get a title or two, but a weak champ and a b grade fighter. mayorga beat lewis,and forrest and lost to the rest, maidana beat........ wait a min, he hasnt beaten anyone of the caliber of vernon. marcos is what he is which is exciting, but thats it. peace ya'll
        Interim belt isn't a title shot...even if that ****** Guerrero aka the firs Mexican to win 17 world titles in 17 different weight divisions thinks it is. And Berto and Guerrero are not A level fighters either...who has Berto beat? Who has Guerrero beat?...I think thats the level of guys that Miadana should be fighting

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
          Interim belt isn't a title shot...even if that ****** Guerrero aka the firs Mexican to win 17 world titles in 17 different weight divisions thinks it is. And Berto and Guerrero are not A level fighters either...who has Berto beat? Who has Guerrero beat?...I think thats the level of guys that Miadana should be fighting
          Great Point

Comment

I like watching Maidana fight, I do wish he'd get a decent trainer to work on his setting up his punches a bit better and using his feet more for avoiding punches but the kid is a warrior. He earned a fan here in that khan fight..

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
              But IMO they both beat Maidana. Berto might be a closer fight but I think Guerrero easily UD's him.

Comment

no 1 goes to A'tina 2 win, so much 4 the "opponent'.. RG beats Berto,...he's average...RG has more heart than most give him credit 4 & will beat Maidana, a strong but average guy ...get inside a southpaw??easiest punch is a left hook under to the body/ribs...I remember what Eddie "Flame" Gregory did 2 Marvin Johnson, Gregory was pretty good, I must b getting old as I was there when he lost 2 the great Bennie Briscoe...

Comment

WBA: Paul Malignaggi

1. Diego Chavez
                  2. Marcos Maidana
                  3. Ed Paredes
                  4. Jessie Vargas
                  5. Kevin Bizier

stay in your ranking fight the winner of Chavez/Pauli

Comment

What Maidana doesn't want is a fight against another fast black kid who isn't so easy to hit!! And Devin is a southpaw and he killed Maidana so no it's not easier to get inside. Come to think of it, Robert is a better boxer than Berto so he's better of fighting Berto imo.
                    Last edited by Jayallday9; 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X