No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor jr's ppl are really throwing him to the wolves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Pryor jr's ppl are really throwing him to the wolves

Here he is listed as fighting Edwin Rodriguez a very solid prospect who just man handled McGirt jr on the same Showbox card recently where Pryor jr fought Dayh Davis and won a competitive but kind of onesided decision.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5334&cat=boxer

My question is what is this Pryor sr or whoever handles him thinking? He is in no way ready for hard punching fighter with a good AM background like Rodriguez right now and is going to get demolished in this fight.

So if you want to see a jr get destroyed check out FNFs Jan 14th.

No one watches the showbox fights and thinks Pryor jr his being mismanaged? He needs alot of work before they start stepping him up in comp.

Comment

Being a rodriguez fan i like the fight for the maturation of edwin's career

he needs to stay active and in against solid opposition and pryor fits the bill

he's also going to be taller and longer than edwin, and that's good experience

to adress your post; yes, this is a rough fight for pryor.
      he's going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat

but that's boxing
      he's not a young man anymore
      and a wiin over edwin rodriguez would be huge for his career

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        Being a rodriguez fan i like the fight for the maturation of edwin's career

he needs to stay active and in against solid opposition and pryor fits the bill

he's also going to be taller and longer than edwin, and that's good experience

to adress your post; yes, this is a rough fight for pryor.
        he's going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat

but that's boxing
        he's not a young man anymore
        and a wiin over edwin rodriguez would be huge for his career
        I thought they were trying to set Marcus Johnson up to fight Rodriguez why else would they be on the same card and put Johnson against a common opponent?

Comment

he is 32 years old and really going no where. I guess they are taking their shot.

Comment

Thuere's something to be said for taking risks and not caring about losing that zero. Fighters learn a lot from losses and how they rebound from tough fights.

Mcgirt and pryor also don't have the same style, the fight could have the same result, but it's not a given the Edwin will walk through pryor. I like rodriguez a lot though, fun fighter to watch. But I don't feel right breaking the fight dan cuz I don't know those guys so well

Comment

he already has two losses, if he keeps packing them up early he might not have a long career, not everybody can be a glen johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
                he already has two losses, if he keeps packing them up early he might not have a long career, not everybody can be a glen johnson.
                He is about to pack on another one in brutal fashion Edwin Rodriguez is the goods from what I have seen of him thus far.

Comment

Working...
                X