Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Denies Fifth Pacquiao Fight, No Decision Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest thing here is that Marquez wants one more fight. His wife is the one who wants him to retire. Of course Marquez wants to have his health in tact when his career is over. What fighter doesn't???

Funny how NOBODY mentioned who Pac's wife and mom were all over the TV begging for Pac to retire before he gets seriously hurt, and we have some people on here talking about how Marquez is shook...

Lastly- Bob Arum is the main one talking about a 5th fight is going to take place and he hadn't even checked with Marquez to see if he is still fighting, considering that the man is basically 40 years old. Personally, if I was Marquez I would just retire. He had so much motivation for that 4th fight, and I'm not even sure he can match the same intensity in his mind.

If Marquez wants to fight again, I am all for him fighting some decent fighter in Mexico and going out on a good note in front of his county

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Enough of your mindless lack of education! Once again, you clearly do not have a grasp of SIMPLE English definitions. First off, Breed and Bred or (I assume you meant ARE) two different things. It is a Figure of Speech to say it takes "a special breed" because people are not a breed, NO ONE is bred. The statement above indicates an ability, skill, or temperment for a sport, it has NOTHING to do with "Bred". People are not Bred to be Boxers! They happen onto the sport in different ways. Dogs are Bred, People are not. No one is Bred to fight. Any talk of Breeding or Bred is either about animals, a Figure of Speech or something out of a SCI-FI Movie. You must have been born and "bred" in the briar patch. That in case you haven't figured out is an idiom.
      How's getting knocked off your soapbox feel..

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Enough of your mindless lack of education! Once again, you clearly do not have a grasp of SIMPLE English definitions. First off, Breed and Bred or two different things. It is a Figure of Speech to say it takes "a special breed" because people are not a breed, NO ONE is bred. The statement above indicates an ability, skill, or temperment for a sport, it has NOTHING to do with "Bred". People are not Bred to be Boxers! They happen onto the sport in different ways. Dogs are Bred, People are not. No one is Bred to fight. Any talk of Breeding or Bred is either about animals, a Figure of Speech or something out of a SCI-FI Movie. You must have been born and "bred" in the briar patch. That in case you haven't figured out is an idiom.
        so are you saying anyone can enter the ring and be successful??and man can dedicate himself thru training camp and keep his focus during hard times?any man can fight thru pain,injuries and come back from hardships?
        Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        To be fair, it's pretty obvious he means it as a figure of speech, though. And, it does take a special breed or a certain kind of person to not only be a boxer, but to make it to such a high level. Would you disagree? Just saying.

Secondly, what's this big argument about here anyway? You agree that JMM has a right to retire, so is Larry and a couple of other posters, yet you're still arguing with each other, even though you agree with each other?

LOLWUT?
        i have no idea why he jumped on my post yet ignored the post i was replying to from Check Hooks who was trolling,he never even mentioned that post at all

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          so are you saying anyone can enter the ring and be successful??and man can dedicate himself thru training camp and keep his focus during hard times?
          You said "YES THEY ARE BRED" so define "Bred". Either way, you fail. Either that means they are born to be fighters or they are "bred" to be fighters by your definition. Which is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
            How's getting knocked off your soapbox feel..
            You mean how does it feel winning money on JMM? Pretty good actually. You must have been bred with a Donkeys A$$ speaking of Bred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
              To be fair, it's pretty obvious he means it as a figure of speech
              Actually he emphatically said "Yes Bred". So that was not a figure of speech.

Comment

• The "BRED" stuff is really going to far... The one fact that remains is that Pac was neither "BRED" or "BORN" with a defense and was always subject to a right handed counter... Thats the reason why we are suppose to be talking about a possibility for a 5th fight.. LOL

Comment

• if that was a lucky punch then he had 3 lucky punches in the fight cause he hit him with same right hand 3 times. right after pac man knocked him down he got up and hit up wit it

Comment

• that does not mean it has to be pac man do you guys really want to see marquez win again whats the point? if they do vada testing then they might well fight at 130 cause pac man will be screwed he wont be able to drink his little designer drug milk shake

Comment

• Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                      if that was a lucky punch then he had 3 lucky punches in the fight cause he hit him with same right hand 3 times. right after pac man knocked him down he got up and hit up wit it
                      Not to mention that he hit Pac with counter right hands in the previous fights... LOL Thats one heck of a lucky streak by Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X