Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the day come when internet kills of TVs and Cinemas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the day come when internet kills of TVs and Cinemas?

More and more stuff is being streamed live on the web - for a fee. Add to that massive illegal downloading and stuff, and do you reckon in like 20 years standard TV's will be a thing of the past - and even cinemas, so movie companies will just offer released on a 'pay to steam' basis as opposed to a classical theatre release now?

You can watch films before they even hit theatre nowadays. It will be terrible quality but you can. You can easily buy a bootleg version on the corner as well.

Just like the internet hasnt killed PPV buys, i dont see it killing TV's or Cinemas. Especially when movie theaters had of of their best years in 2012

Comment

IDK, technology is too advanced, in years passed, we used to mail letters and Christmas Cards, now we send text messages.
      Pay phones are hard to find nowadays also..

Comment

It aint gonna happen. The Internet as it is today is still relatively new and pretty anarchic. Governments will actively try to pass laws to put more restrictions, regulations on the viral world just like they already have in the real world. And they will succeed.

And who's to say that new TV's simply won't be merged with a computer and internet, the way cell phones have. Where you could buy a TV with a keyboard included in the package just like that. I'm pretty sure this already exists but just isn't the norm yet. Some say that touchscreen cellphones are killing off regular computers, since "everybody" is going on the internet through their phones these days, yet some of us still want (especially those of us who don't just text and check facebook) to masturbate to e-**** and still use a regular keyboard to properly type out full words and paragraphs, and not do it one thumb at a time on some touch screen phone.
        Last edited by cupocity303; 01-14-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Its doing it now. I watched 2 movies this weekend that came out in theaters this month. One of them came out in theaters the night i watched it...on my computer in DVD HD quality! I cant remember when i rented a movie. And there is no need to go to the movies and watch a movie i can HDMI to my TV from my computer in my own home. Sticky floor theater or My clean comfortable home...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            Its doing it now. I watched 2 movies this weekend that came out in theaters this month. One of them came out in theaters the night i watched it...on my computer in DVD HD quality! I cant remember when i rented a movie. And there is no need to go to the movies and watch a movie i can HDMI to my TV from my computer in my own home. Sticky floor theater or My clean comfortable home...
            I don't necessarily agree.

The culture of going to the theaters is that it's meant for pairs to go there. Two friends, a guy and his girlfriend, three friends together etc,. Plus someone always likes to sit in a crowd and watch it on a big screen. In that sense, you wanting to watch a movie by yourself on your computer, are not a threat to the industry. I usually never see a guy coming in by himself to watch a movie anyway. Rarely.

The lone movie buff is not a threat to theaters.

Comment

I cancelled my cable TV long time ago and upped my internet package instead,28mb unlimited.
              I watch streamed TV, news/sports everything,downloading movies , TV shows..getting more for free now than I did when I paid ..cant complain how things are progressing

Comment

I just watched "zero dark thirty" on Thursday, the quality of the movie was great. One of the satellite companies offers movies which were just released in movie theaters, little by little TV and cinema seem like they're being phased out. People are cutting their subscription and getting Netflix or Hulu.

No one goes to the movies anymore without complaining, if you were to ask people if they rather go to the movies or stay at home and watch the same movie, most people will rather save the drive plus the $50-70 for 2 people and stay at home. I personally don't think either will be phased out, but from peoples reactions, you can tell it won't get better unless they make some changes.

Comment

I downloaded 0-star-30 and will watch it later. I dont really go to the cinema unless friends or family want to watch something. I prefer d/l and watching in my room or as stated HDMI-ing my laptop to my TV.

Comment

i recently watched a few new releases in the cinema.. could have watched them on laptop. but the experience isnt the samr as going to cinema and watching with my girlfriend

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X