No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: It Would Be an Honor To Rematch Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    They can't. Cotto 2 isn't gonna do half of what Ggg would. First one was alright, Cotto too small, noone wants a rematch. Cotto also wants a better cut than Ggg. He's not taking no flat fee lol, even Khan wouldnt
    I wish that were the case that ggg would cause big numbers and would be more compelling than Cotto but I've seen no evidence. I've also seen no evidence that team ggg will entertain a flat fee, so I don't think the pricing argument holds.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      1) Canelo is about to enter his 3rd division

2) Canelo fought the best fighter on the planet

3) Canelo fought the 4 best JMW's CONSECUTIVELY

4) Canelo WILL make more defining fights during his career

the same logic cannot be applied to Golovkin
      1. Made a name for himself fighting much smaller fighters where he has the obvious physical advantages. He's a natural middleweight picking on Welters and LMW's. Refuses to fight people his own size. Should be moving up not down.

2. It means nothing when he got whooped. He simply tried to capitalize against an aging fighter using his obvious phsyical advantages, only it backfired spectacularly. He did the same thing against Cotto and now once to do it again in a meaningless fight.

3. Really? Then why wont he fight Andrade, the Charlo brothers or even have a rematch against Lara (the guy many thought handed Canelo his second defeat).

4. He should do given that he has been a pro for much longer and still has a great deal of time left in his professional career, GGG doesnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        1. Made a name for himself fighting much smaller fighters where he has the obvious physical advantages. He's a natural middleweight picking on Welters and LMW's. Refuses to fight people his own size. Should be moving up not down.

2. It means nothing when he got whooped. He simply tried to capitalize against an aging fighter using his obvious phsyical advantages, only it backfired spectacularly. He did the same thing against Cotto and now once to do it again in a meaningless fight.

3. Really? Then why wont he fight Andrade, the Charlo brothers or even have a rematch against Lara (the guy many thought handed Canelo his second defeat).

4. He should do given that he has been a pro for much longer and still has a great deal of time left in his professional career, GGG doesnt.
        That guy is an idiot, but extra pathetic. Canelos first title shot was at 150 vs Ww bum Matt Hatton. He missed that by 2lbs. Since then he's won and defended the lineal MW title at 155, and stopped letting Hbo weigh him in fight night. Canelos moved up all of 3lbs, and this fcuking idiot says 8 division champ Pac is a hypejob. Plus

Guerrero did better than him vs Floyd, nevermind Maidana
        Angulo wasnt even top 15, nevermind top 4. Don't ever take that losers "facts" for granted

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
          I wish that were the case that ggg would cause big numbers and would be more compelling than Cotto but I've seen no evidence. I've also seen no evidence that team ggg will entertain a flat fee, so I don't think the pricing argument holds.
          It's the bggest fight in boxing. Cotto rematch isn't. Nobody wants that,except Canelo handlers. Flat fee is not reasonable, hopefully Gbp will be shamed into doing the right thing

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post

when Golovkin's resume is better than the list of guys he ducked..... get back to me

Comment

• hmmm, let's see..... who will Canelo fight next ?

Cotto, or Golovkin ?

a proven superstar, who has paid his dues..... ?
              or
              a hypejob, who has never had a career-defining fight ?

hmmm, no idea..... I guess I need to think about it some more.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                It's the bggest fight in boxing. Cotto rematch isn't. Nobody wants that,except Canelo handlers. Flat fee is not reasonable, hopefully Gbp will be shamed into doing the right thing
                It's one fight. Canelo is very young and honestly if they fight now and he's not protected and allowed to fall on his shield he might not be the same after. I understand what you're saying I don't disagree with the sentiment but Golden Boy does not care at all about that. Not one bit. It's risk reward period. It's pure business.

If he's your fighter and all you care about is money, you don't take the risk unless it a lot of Fn money. And who's to say they take it at all. They might just be doing this to rehabilitate perception after Canelo vacated after inviting GGG in the ring created a marketing nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                  It's one fight. Canelo is very young and honestly if they fight now and he's not protected and allowed to fall on his shield he might not be the same after. I understand what you're saying I don't disagree with the sentiment but Golden Boy does not care at all about that. Not one bit. It's risk reward period. It's pure business.

If he's your fighter and all you care about is money, you don't take the risk unless it a lot of Fn money. And who's to say they take it at all. They might just be doing this to rehabilitate perception after Canelo vacated after inviting GGG in the ring created a marketing nightmare.

good god

genius, Team Bull**** COULD have accepted the 10mil

THEY chose not to !

put away your tinfoil hat...... because Canelo has never refused to fight Golovkin, and yet..... Golovkin refused to fight Canelo TWICE!

you guys are ******ed for blaming Canelo for GGG's decision

For the record..... Golovkin/Jacobs cannot generate 10mil TOGETHER..... so how the fk does Golovkin deserve 10mil from Canelo?

the undeserving Golovkin should have taken that 10mil

you guys just looooove Golovkin huh ? LMAO

Comment

• From the creators of: "GGG didn't accept that 155 CW doe" comes "GGG rejected 10 millions doe".

HAHA... keep the good jokes!

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      From the creators of: "GGG didn't accept that 155 CW doe" comes "GGG rejected 10 millions doe".

HAHA... keep the good jokes!

the facts are.....

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " refused to fight Canelo at 155

then Mr " biznessman doe " refused to fight Canelo for 10mil

somehow, you tards have blamed Canelo for all that LMAO

Canelo, you know.... the A-side superstar and current PPV king

this is insane !

Besides that, Team Golovkin have made an art-form out of fk'ing up fights..... and yet, you guys have decided to blame the other guy

fk me LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X