No announcement yet.

Nutrition for Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    You WANT carbs, you don't NEED carbs. You guys are overestimating how many carbs you need.

Keeping carbs minimal is the easiest way to maintain and keep excess weight off.

Your diet no matter what Should consist of mostly fat/protein.

You might need to slightly tweak your macros depending on your needs, but there is really no reason to tweak it much, fat/protein will stay consistent.

It's like when people ask how do you bulk/cut. You cut carbs when you cut weight, thats it, people over complicate this.
    Absolute tripe!!

Your theory is disproven by real science altogether now and has no place other than in Cosmopolitan magazine or Womans Day!

You should eat similar proportions of the macro nutients as found in natural human milk as a rough guide. Basically we should still ingest most of our calories from carbohydrate, a significant proportion from fats, which I'll go into more detail later as/if the thread evolves and this is key to the lesson for today, in direct contradiction to your **** house theory, we only need about 15% or thereabouts our calories from protein!!!!

We only need enough protein to repair our bodies and supply the building blocks for any anabolic growth as necessary or desired.

EXCESS protein beyond that amount has a limited capacity to be stored and needs to be broken down by the liver, excreted by the kidneys and produces damaging results to tissues and organs.

High protein diets are a myth, one backed by the bodybuilding industry and weight loss industry alike in order to make money and are not used in medical circumstances.

There IS a way to utilise more protein, animal fats, saturated fats, contain natural steroids which enhance muscle growth by forcing more protein into muscle cells but this doesn't imply that you need a greater proportion of protein, more in implies that you should eat more total calories with the same proportions!!

When guys ingest protein powders and think they are fuelling their muscles they are missing the boat somewhat.

You can put on more muscle than the established maximum sometimes offered in mens health magazines by eating meat, eggs and milk not so much because of the higher quality protein (which is also true) but because of the FATS in these foods that enable you to utilise those proteins.

Again, in an athlete that limits carbs, your body will instead use protein for energy via glycolosis (causing damage and inefficiently) instead, eating carbs "spares" protein for it's INTENDED use that nature had for it, for growth and repair!

Why would you eat less carbs and more protein to fill both roles when it is far more inefficient and deleterious health wise??

We are evolved to like carbs because we need carbs!

We are not obligate carnivores like cats who are designed to function like that.

Again, look to human milk for the proportions of calories we should take as a guide.

Seriously this section needs to be policed better for rubbish content that is not fact based!

If you cut out carbs, you are effectively imposing on yourself the same metabolic conditions as a diabetic who, lacking in blood sugar and muscle glycogen, literally consumes itself in order to survive.. Crazy!

The Canadian government is one I can think of that acutally has foods labelled as "Low Carb" BANNED!
    Last edited by Elroy1; 07-01-2015, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I can't even reply to that because it's the dumbest thing I've ever read, I wouldnt even know where to begin.

When I say minimal carbs I'm not advocating doing ketosis, I'm just advocating minimal carbs, there's a huge difference.

Most athetes today are switching to a high protein/fat diet. It doesn't matter the sport. same with weight litters or body builders.

The only guys still eating lots of carbs are power lifters and thats because they don't care if they store fat, they just want size and muscle. And even those guys are only at about 30% carbs tops.

Comment

I can't even reply to that because it's the dumbest thing I've ever read, I wouldnt even know where to begin.

When I say minimal carbs I'm not advocating doing ketosis, I'm just advocating minimal carbs, there's a huge difference.

Most athetes today are switching to a high protein/fat diet. It doesn't matter the sport. same with weight litters or body builders.

The only guys still eating lots of carbs are power lifters and thats because they don't care if they store fat, they just want size and muscle. And even those guys are only at about 30% carbs tops.
        I'm giving you the skinny out of my medical and sports science training and established science.

Backed up also by basically every athletic authority on the planet, including my national one, take a look..

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrit...rate__how_much

It's the same everywhere, EXCEPT in womans day!

Do you really think the ideations of some roid heads who can't even READ let alone make an educated decision, who are sold protein powders for $100 a tin, have something more important to contribute?

Don't be ****ing stupid!

The only place for fasting carbs is in FLASH weight reduction as in making weight perhaps...

Endurance athletes often employ a tactic known as "carbo-loading" you fool, the opposite of what you are preaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          I'm giving you the skinny out of my medical and sports science training and established science.

Backed up also by basically every athletic authority on the planet, including my national one, take a look..

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrit...rate__how_much

It's the same everywhere, EXCEPT in womans day!

Do you really think the ideations of some roid heads who can't even READ let alone make an educated decision, who are sold protein powders for $100 a tin, have something more important to contribute?

Don't be ****ing stupid!

The only place for fasting carbs is in FLASH weight reduction as in making weight perhaps...

Endurance athletes often employ a tactic known as "carbo-loading" you fool, the opposite of what you are preaching.
          Carb loading is very different than eating lots of carbs everyday. Even those long distance athletes have begun to throw carbs in the trash, and replaced it with fats.

Body builders have gotten rid of them for a long time, and now your every day weight lifter and fitness gym buff are all pushing carbs away. You don't need much carbs to fill your insulin levels, and we also now know the body is incredibly efficient at switching from glucose to fat for energy.

Nutrition is a constantly changing standard, your ideas of carbs are stone age bs for the modern athlete.

I don't know what roid heads have to do with this. Or protein powder, learn to stick to a topic and put a normal message together you autistic neckbeard dip ****.
          Last edited by AddiX; 07-01-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Carb loading is very different than eating lots of carbs everyday. Even those long distance athletes have begun to throw carbs in the trash, and replaced it with fats.

Body builders have gotten rid of them for a long time, and now your every day weight lifter and fitness gym buff are all pushing carbs away. You don't need much carbs to fill your insulin levels, and we also now know the body is incredibly efficient at switching from glucose to fat for energy.

Nutrition is a constantly changing standard, your ideas of carbs are stone age bs for the modern athlete.

I don't know what roid heads have to do with this. Or protein powder, learn to stick to a topic and put a normal message together you autistic neckbeard dip ****.
            What you preach is not medically established.

It is fad dieting, and that's what changes often..

What I am preaching is the medically acknowledged and scientifically based facts about nutrition.

I work with nutritionists all the time and it's generally laughed upon the nonsense that is spread.

You just said a statement about how efficiently the body can switch from carbs to fat for fuel. This is in fact, as I've already stated, NOT how it works at all!!!

You can ONLY burn fat in the presence of carbohydrate as well!!!!

Fat (like coal) burns with glucose (lighter fluid).

Please investigate the process known as the Krebs cycle.

If you cut out carbs you will go into ketosis, which as you know is dangerous by your post but is actually PROMOTED as a good thing by the same kinds of people you are supporting!

These bodybuilders ARE the roid heads I am talking to obviously...

You will not find any established, legitimate athletic commission that supports low carb diets in their regimes for a reason. It's junk science.

So to recap...

- Clear science in favour of carbs
            - Medical industry promotes carbs
            - Athletic organisations in favour of carbs
            - Low carb labelling illegal in some developed countries

VS

- Cosmopolitan magazine
            - Drug addict bodybuilders who frankly, have that much steroids in their system it wouldn't matter if they ate seaweed only.

You know what I would say...

Myth busted!!!

Now you claim that your not promoting a carb free diet, only carb reduced...

I'm not slaying protein or fats either!

And in fact actively support all 3 nutrients in good measure. A diet of around 35% calories from fat or thereabouts is optimal. There is never really any need to go beyond about 20% energy from protein, even in a large hard training athlete with a cold and a bit of tendonitis!

Fact is carbs are a fundamental part of the bodies energy system.. If it was not, then our human milk would not contain more of it than the other nutrients!!

^Think about that!

Comment

People get so angry over this lol. It just goes to show that dieting has become more of a religion to people than ever before...

I think the calorie deficit is most important. Within that deficit, however, you should take into account your protein and fat intake. Where there are some guidelines on how much protein and fat to take in order to retain muscle, a similar guideline for carbs does not exist or at least isn't as concrete. Conversely I do not believe it is necessary to consume more than those minimums. There just simply isn't much to be gained

When you want to retain muscle you should attempt not to go below a certain protein and fat intake. In that light it is advised to cut out carbs as necessary once you have reached that point. From Addix's first post here I gather that is what he meant, but I could be wrong. I think that is generally good advice. Indeed, the only other option is to consume less protein or fat which would bring you below what you need. So, for example, if you are in a calorie deficit and you need 180 gr. of protein and 90 gr. of fat to sustain muscle and you have to eat 2200 calories to have a 500 calorie deficit. The protein and fats alone will give you around 1500~ calories. You can safely fill the remaining 700 with carbs. There is no advantage in consuming 700 calories in protein in stead of carbs. You fuel your body with the protein and fat it needs and you have a calorie deficit. Assuming you have some kind of weight plan, you should be on track. I understand cutting out carbs as an easy way to create a deficit, but it is not a goal by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Facade View Post
                People get so angry over this lol. It just goes to show that dieting has become more of a religion to people than ever before...

I think the calorie deficit is most important. Within that deficit, however, you should take into account your protein and fat intake. Where there are some guidelines on how much protein and fat to take in order to retain muscle, a similar guideline for carbs does not exist or at least isn't as concrete. Conversely I do not believe it is necessary to consume more than those minimums. There just simply isn't much to be gained

When you want to retain muscle you should attempt not to go below a certain protein and fat intake. In that light it is advised to cut out carbs as necessary once you have reached that point. From Addix's first post here I gather that is what he meant, but I could be wrong. I think that is generally good advice. Indeed, the only other option is to consume less protein or fat which would bring you below what you need. So, for example, if you are in a calorie deficit and you need 180 gr. of protein and 90 gr. of fat to sustain muscle and you have to eat 2200 calories to have a 500 calorie deficit. The protein and fats alone will give you around 1500~ calories. You can safely fill the remaining 700 with carbs. There is no advantage in consuming 700 calories in protein in stead of carbs. You fuel your body with the protein and fat it needs and you have a calorie deficit. Assuming you have some kind of weight plan, you should be on track. I understand cutting out carbs as an easy way to create a deficit, but it is not a goal by itself.
                This is sounding more plausible

What you said regarding protein is totally correct. You absolutlely must consume enough protein for growth and repair as required, otherwise you will get sick and catabolise.

Fat however is required in proportional amounts to metabolism.

In any developed country, everybody gets many times the required protein for everything that their bodies need, that's a fact. Nobody who can AFFORD to be an athlete ever has to worry about not getting enough protein.

So again, calorie deficit and calorie surplus AND training stimulus is the important factor for weight and muscle gain/loss/retention...

The proportions though, do not need to be varied much if at all!

If you are on a safe weight loss diet for example of say 2000 Cal/day just as an example then with a protein intake of 15-20% cal you still have ample enough for maintenance of muscle tissue.

Even in a very low, somewhat unsafe diet of 1200 cal, a proportion of 20% protein, 40% fat and 40% carb STILL provides basal amounts.

Again, there IS a solution to the problem of the perfect combination of macronutrients...

And the answer is found in the composition of human milk.

Comment

I believe a diet based more on the old school thinking is the best because old school fighters didn't count calories, carbs, and protein. They ate natural foods and did plenty in the gym. Depending on if you are trying to go up,down,or stay at your current weight, then that is how much of your carb based foods you need to eat. Also how long you wait to workout after you eat makes a difference on your energy. When I eat a big meal, I wait an hour to an hour and a half to do my workout but I have a high metabolism so you might need to wait longer depending on your metabolism. Also, staying active throughout the day and not sitting on your culo will make a difference on your energy.

Comment

The science you keep speaking of is old and out of date. I bet you also believe egg yolks are bad for you, and eating fat gives you high cholesterol?

The modern day athlete doesn't eat carbs the way they use to, this is based on the recommendation of recent graduated dieticians who have master degrees in this stuff.

And stop bringing up ketosis, and steroids, and learn to structure a message with the basic writing skills of a high school graduate.

Comment

Here's an ultra runner, notice his diet? These guys running a 100 damn miles.

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=...&v=96VZFklUM_Q

Here's natty body builder frank yang, hear what he says About his carb in take.

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=...?v=Qz4sBUmYvn4

And now compare that to the worlds strongest man, lots of carbs, also fat as ****, something most athletes want no part of it. And even he's only at About 30%, which doesn't matter since he eats so much.

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=...?v=bs40BtGpuCA
                      Last edited by AddiX; 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X